My Hope Needs Help Vs. My Doubt

I don’t know, not seeing a lot of dog here. We all have our moments.

Looks to me like someone panicked, lol

2 Likes

Right but that isn’t the point, is it?

Matt — like other top tier QBs — has the capacity to overcome poor plays, put the game on their shoulders and end the other team. Matt did it in consecutive postseason weeks to Tampa, SF, and Cincy.

The argument isn’t that other QBs are flawless. They’re not. It’s that when the chips are down can you count on them in critical moments to lift the team over the top.

Some of us are skeptical that Goff is that guy. And some of you are oddly personal about it.

3 Likes

I do too. I have a ton of respect for him. I would like teammates to look up to him, as the lead energy in the room…as the guy who carries the team through battle.
I’m not talking bout just a game where it’s close…I’m talking about a gritty, divisional, slug-fest of a game where everyone is hitting really hard and it just sucks, but you have to do it anyway.

When protected, Goff will pick you apart, and ppl will always respect that.
When Stafford ran over that LB, his teammates didn’t marvel at his talent, they looked up to him. I’m not asking Goff to do that. I just want him to be willing to try. Teammates are not going to be trained to read energy, but they will feel that presence…that’s what Dan Campbell has and why ppl look up to him (not just respect him). Dan is likable, respectful, respectable, kind, a leader, etc…but make no mistake about it…he is a GD warrior, and his players know it. That is part of what makes Dan Campbell special.

He was lacking in cerebral area here. He didn’t give up on the play. He’s used to playing in Detroit. He was trying to force it out of there.
Goff panic → giving up too easily and crumpling under pressure
Stafford panic → trying to force it (which also can lead to mistake)

A dog can still panic, but they will fight to the end.
Panic = going into fight or flight mode.
Goff= flight
Stafford = fight

Different responses to pressure.

“Oddly personal about it”

Probably correct being i’ve followed this guy for the past 6 years, and not agreeing with a certain narrative, the irony here is if we’re opening the door to “personal” didn’t you just call a member a “Goffgal” sheesh at least get it right Godfather, it Goffling, lol

2 Likes

Completely agree with all of this. If I played Fantasy Football, I’d love to have Goff. I think I have some of the highest expectations in here, when it comes to Goff. I just run into conflict because I still want to upgrade. LOL.

It will cost the Lions $20.6M and $26.6M (beyond the sunken costs from The Trade) to keep Jared Goff on the team for 2023 and 2024. Top QBs get a chunk more than that.

Unless he totally stinks it up this season, Goff will be here at least as a transition QB in 2023. Goff got a mulligan in 2021; he won’t get one this year. It won’t surprise me if he regains his 2017/18 form with our offensive options, but we’ll see.

Not in agreement at all, no use debating any further, your guys stay healthy and you’re in for a helluva ride, will be the feel good story of the year, that’s how I see it

1 Like

This season is going to be a friggin’ RIOT.
We have more home run ability than the Lions have had in my lifetime.

1 Like

Well to clarify, I didn’t call your views ham-handed mumbo jumbo. I said the terms ‘warrior energy’ and ‘pound the rock’ were. but if it inspires, it inspires. Doesnt make it not ham-handed. I mean ‘bite their kneecaps’ - Thats about as corny as you can get. And Dan was ridiculed for that pretty roundly. But the players love him and he’s fair and sincere so it works for him

When you say Goff doesn’t have ‘warrior energy’ it’s about as subjective as one can get. I get it that’s it’s you’re feelings and you’re entitled to them, but it doesnt make it objectively true

‘When it’s said those two throws ‘can’t be unseen’ and there’s NO EXCUSES for them’

that’s basically ‘crucifying’ Goff for two plays. You can argue that’s too strong a word, but I would counter argue, ‘why do you care’?

If it helps, allow me to rephrase:

“….some posters here excoriate Goff for those two throws….” Though one can excoriate a QB for a couple bad plays and still weigh the positives. What I read was (and perhaps I misread) was some can’t get over those particular plays and have written off Goff as a result. Hence ‘crucify’ is apropos

SO true. I’ve done my best to express how I feel.
One thing about this sort of stuff I teach and talk about…if someone isn’t open to it, they will literally see nothing.
There are dozens of books talking about archetypes, and “Warrior” is in every single one of them. Understanding this stuff helps people to understand themselves and others better, helps improve relationships, have less judgement, etc.

Definitely easier to judge it and stay “comfortable in our current truth.”
What if there’s a lot more available to us?

This is probably the simplest breakdown of it I’ve seen, and I use it in my teachings.

1 Like

I didn’t read through all the other opines here, but I would rather Goff threw the ball OOB than to run backwards ten yards and take a sack, to get injured , to force something and get a turn over . I don’t “like” that he threw it out, maybe THIS season he will have more confidence in The O to make a play , and pass on 4th, hand the ball off or something-instead?

1 Like

That is interesting to think about and I appreciate the link and thoughtful reply. One thing I might add, and I think this is true for all archetype hierarchies, is nobody is ever distilled to one. We are never only king, only warrior or only lover. We are always all.

It’s still, in my opinion, a touch corny and subjective. Reminds me of being in my 20’s going to parties in Heritage Hill hoping to get laid by the potchuli hippie girls giving Tarot readings in the corner

1 Like

Cub, throwing the ball OOB is a turnover on 4th down. It’s why it’s okay to wing 30-40 yds down field and hope for the best.

1 Like

We all have all of them inside of us at all times. There are actually 64 archetypes, all having a shadow and a light side…so technically, there are 128 archetypes, and all people have ALL of them, to varying degrees. Watch Mike Tyson’s warrior, for the example of shadow warrior. Watch Ali for more light, though both had both. That book is a very microwaved way of teaching, and I love it because it is so simple.

All of your energies are with you at all times, but I’m not talking about the other energies…I’m talking bout warrior energy.

I’m sure there is some combination of me not communicating clearly in here…along with you closing off and trying to prove a point/debate. I don’t like debate, because it creates division.

The book I presented has a more masculine lead to the presentation of energy teaching. If you’re interested, I can give you titles of some amazing books that will change your life for the better (promise).

Everything is subjective, to a degree…including the word corny :wink:
…if you are dealing with humans, that is. So funny that you were being so subjective in a sentence that is criticizing something for being subjective.

Interesting that you followed the “subjective” statement with this one?

All people look to the world to prove that things ares what we say they are. The more you seek to understand, the more you will deepen your relationship with yourself and other ppl.

If you know what this book is, It’s so foreign to me, that this book would remind you of Tarot Card reading college girls. I really think it could help you, if you wanted it to. Really none of my business what you think of it, and the comment feels very distracting from the topic we were discussing (just my opinion).

Goff has only been here 1 season and already matched the number of division titles and playoff wins as Stafford.

Don’t ever forget that.

2 Likes

Stafford has been with the Rams for 1 year, and has already exceeded anything Goff ever did there.

…translaton…just meaningless poop slinging. LOL

Poop GIF

well I guess that is why I said that perhaps Goff gains more confidence in THIS Offense and in turn, takes more shots.

That’s great…if you are a Rams fan. I don’t happen to be one, and I think most of this board falls into the same category.

1 Like