My Hope Needs Help Vs. My Doubt

Similar to the Vikings win last year with Goff

1 Like

Yeah, great point. He’s the guy. How could I be so wrong. All Hail Goff.

1 Like

Goff knew damn well it was 4th down, let’s not lose context and dismiss who were his options to throw to…and were they in the zip code of where they were supposed to be

I get it, its 4th down, throw it downfield, what’s the worse thing that can happen? In my day we’d hope the D was dumb enough to catch it and you have yourself a decent punt

Nowadays, everything is so stat related…I don’t blame him one bit tossing it out of bounds considering his WRs were lost

Prove me wrong

1 Like

Or if you’re a lions fan that’s not trying to cherry pick facts :facepunch::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well like I said, corny can be effective. ‘pound the rock’ is corny. ‘Warrior energy’ is corny. But if it inspires, it inspires.

It reminded me of Tarot girls because that’s what Tarot is, (disclaimer: I’m not an expert) It shows archetypes and the cards are literally named ‘The king’ ‘The warrior’ ‘The lovers’

1 Like

does this mean you’re coming to the next Goff Ball? I’ll make you up a name tag in advance

1 Like

Also, Can I have your name tag say ‘Nater Tott’?

I’m assuming the pun is intended.

No way I hate puns. We hold the Goff Ball to discuss the Goffense and why the wives get so Goffended.

If you’re wondering what room it’s in just look up for the window with people waving their One Pride finger yelling ‘For Goff!’

1 Like

You’re a long time Lions fan.
You’ve been Lionized. This is not how “normal” fans feel.
We’re here for you brother.
“I’m a Lions fan, and I need help.”
That’s the first step. You’re gonna be okay.
Oh, look! I have 420 unread. It’s a sign.

Added to my list of books to read… thank you!

I’ve been a fan of Carl Jung in the past, it’s been awhile though. Thank you for the recommendation!

1 Like

I still don’t buy that he was throwing this one away. Rhaymond was running toward the sidelines and then cut it up just as the ball was thrown, that’s why he was so wide open. Had Goff known Rhaymond was going to turn upfield, I’m sure Goff would have thrown it towards the endzone instead.

1 Like

The way I see this whole thing, Goff had obvious confidence issues coming into Detroit after everything that happened in LA/STL.

It especially showed when he had no one to throw to and the guys like Cephus and Hock who he did have some confidence in got hurt, along with the reported disconnect between Lynn and Goff.

When DC took over, he was able to inspire a confidence and security Goff sorely needed, hence the running to hug him first after the first win. That said a lot about what DC did for Goff’s mentality.

I don’t know a ton about him, but Goff comes off to me as a very low key, laid back individual, very California (where he’s from). Stafford kinda had that same thing about him, just a laid back southern approach. That can be viewed as good or bad or whatever, it’s none of those things, it’s just how the guy is wired. And that’s actually a great trait i think for a QB, to never get too high or low, always have a certain laid back approach. As long as they are still instilling leadership, which I think Goff did as well as Stafford.

Now the killer instinct, the warrior, whatever you want to call it, that is a real thing. Tom Brady is a California kid and something changed in him from Michigan to the pros, and he just has “it”, however you want to define it.

Stafford learned that over the years, or at least learned that a higher competitiveness was necessary to succeed. I think Goff is learning that now and going through a similar process.

Having a coaching staff and better players around him will definitely help solidify the mentality and expedite the process I believe.

Last year was a tough year for everyone. I think everyone from upper management down to the last guy on the practice squad learned some lessons from last year. It was a transition year.

Moving forward, it’s building and growing from those struggles and making yourself and everyone around you better and also believing in yourself and the coaches and what the ultimate goal is.

2 Likes

Jung is AMAZING. He has some VERY detailed work around archetypes. People that understand energy, show up differently in the world…for themselves and others.
If I could have the entire Den read 2 books…it would be

1. The Four Agreements -Miguel Ruiz
  2. The Way of the Superior Man - David Dieda

What if people that think they’re being an internet tough guy really knew they were getting triggered over nothing and cycling thier feminine energy?
How much would it shift the culture for the better in here if everyone knew that?
oooops!

Enjoy, bro. If you ever want other recommendations, LMK.

1 Like

Good catch, and entirely possible. Goff can hit that pass easily, and it was there…but the wR may have run the wrong route on him. Hard saying though.

1 Like

Absolutely and 100% will! Thank you dude!

1 Like

he is, for sure. It’s the ante to play in Dan Campbell world. Dan teaches that so much. You can’t even be around him without picking some of it up by osmosis.

How much does Goff pick up? I dunno. our coaches are FANTASTIC. If you can’t succeed here, you may as well pack it in.

1 Like

Are you going to give Goff 12 years of rope? And if you do, can I call it “cherry picking” if he doesn’t deliver a division title or a single playoff win?

I push the way I push out of love. We are in a weird situation where we are judging our current QB ONLY on what he does with the Lions…but we are judging our former QB based on what he did with a different team. In the end the only thing that matters is the Lions. A’Shawn Robinson winning a Super Bowl with the Rams doesn’t fill my heart. Its a different team. I have a Detroit Lion sized emptiness that only the Detroit Lions can make happen. What Stafford did with a different team doesn’t change anything.

1 Like

I’m so thankful that’s why they reminded you of the book…cuz for a second there, you were referencing how you were trying to pick up chick with Tarot cards…and this reminded you of that…I was like…“GD it! This dude’s trying to pick me up!”

Thanks for the clarification.

Nope. We have different coaches now. Standards are different.

You can do whatever you want, it’s your opinion/viewpoint, man. None of my damn business. :wink:

By a mile more important to me too. I want Goff to work out so we can spend next year’s first rounders on trading up for DT that resembles the Incredible Hulk. …followed by a home run hitting RB.

I root for good humans too, man. I don’t know much about Josh Allen, but I love his game/how he leads and shows up. Same with Matt. Even with cage fighters, most of my favorite dudes are ppl who are just good humans.

I am a Lions fan first by a mile.
I also root for…
Stafford
The Bills
and I really don’t care as much how they win/lose, but I like watching Javonte Williams run ppl over and hurt their feelings.

We all want what’s best for Detroit.
I think we all root for Goff too, some by default because he’s a lion, and some because they actually like Goff.

I love goff as a human. I wish he had a nastier streak in him. If we are winning a bunch of playoff games, I’ll be happy AF if Boys is qB’ing. LOL