New PFF Mock is interesting…

I understand about Burks but I don’t think they go WR that early.

I think they are ok with the corp now not saying later they will not but by end of rd one most of the top end WRs will be gone.

I need to check that LB more taking LB over a DT not sure i like that.

I am not saying WR group is great but its hell of a lot better than last season. We have to fix an up grade D.

My 3 would be KT or Wyatt an rd 2 Cine( or Pitre)

I don’t think we take that LB he would be very good if we stay 3-4 most of time . I like taking a LB like Muma or Walker that type long an fast an can cover

I don’t like Dean like you or others his production is based on the D that Georgia played with all the stud DL man The way he played will not work in pros.

Not saying he is bad but not a rd 1 pick for sure.

His numbers are product of system same is lack of numbers for DL man is product or lack of production for DL.

His job mainly was to make sure QBs couldn’t run up the center an force the QB to edge where LBs like Walker an Tindall would look after edge.

He did it well but IMO he will not play like that in pros.

A very strong receiving option at TE, IMO, is Austin Allen out of Nebraska. He’s not going to piledrive people, just get in their way as a blocker. But as a receiver, he’s a red zone and short area threat at 6’7" and explosive, though relatively slow. I’d love to get him at #181. I think he’d blend well with our speed guys like Chark, Reynolds, Raymond and Christian Watson (my preference at #34) or Skyy Moore.

I had him on my radar before the season started, talked to CuriousHusker about him. 1st team Big 10 this year, but he had some good receiving stats last year too. This is an incredibly deep TE class this year, in a normal year there are 11 or 12 taken. This year is weird because there might not be more than 2 taken before the 3rd, maybe only 1. But I like several and absolutely believe we will have some decent options from the 5th and beyond.

1 Like

I like Austin. Took a big leap last year.

1 Like

He only had 2 catches vs IOWA, but it was for 55 yards. He…has…game.

I like Austin also… and then the little gremlin in the back of my mind thought… what if he is just another really tall TE that did well in college… but isn’t athletic enough to do much in the NFL???

So…. I checked it out.

much better than this tall guy……

and not bad compared to this tall TE…

I agree too. The offense is so close to being a difference making unit and one of the top in the nfl. Goff was a completely different quarterback after decker came back and he was protected. Finishing the offense with a couple pieces and putting the rest of our draft towards the defense makes the most sense to me.

1 Like

summer jamming GIF by Kool Aid

3 Likes

I know many in here would go postal…but-

Last year the team added McNeill, Levi O, Iffy and Barnes to the D…

What if they traded down to #9 and added #40 only…

1. D London- WR
  2. B Mafe- Edge
  3. P Winfrey- DT
  4. B Hall- RB
  5. Nick Cross - SS
  6. D Beavers- MLB
  7. Austin Allen

Goff-

Hall/Swift/J Williams-

London/Chark/ASB/Reynolds

Hock/Allen

Plus our OL with our OL talent and depth, the big WRs on the edge, Hock and ASB interior, and 2 good backs? Could be a top 10 for sure

We’d still be adding Mafe, Winfrey, and Beavers in the front 7, and then Nick Cross at SS

Hey man I love kool aid!

Seriously though, if we get a #1 receiver and a healthy offensive line you don’t think our offense can be top half of the league?

We’re the Lions… so in that scenario…

I would expect the offense to look great for a few games… but then Goff would dislocate his hip whilst celebrating a win by doing the horizontal mamba with his lovely girlfriend Christen and a friend they code named “VK”.

And just like that… Goff is lost for the season.

We are the Lions after all…. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

It should be.
Hock, Swift, ASB, WR1-from-the-draft, Chark, Reynolds, Ragnow, Decker, Sewell, Jackson, Vaitai…

At the very least, we’re definitely not going to hear Dan Campbell complaining about not being able to get a fair analysis of the QB at that point.

1 Like

IMO… Muma > Chenal

2 Likes

Yeah Chenal is fast in a straight line but he has lead feet when changing direction. I have concerns over his ability in coverage. Harris is the LB that stands out as being light on his feet.

On tape I thought Chenal’s change of direction looked sluggish too, but then he went under 7 in the 3-cone which puts him in the top 15% of any LB ever tested. So I wondered if maybe he just had poor passing game instincts, you know, he looked a step slow because of his reaction time more than his change of direction. I still don’t think he’s a great fit for us, but I do wonder if he has a little more upside in the passing game than we thought.

My light-footed guy is Brian Asamoah though of course he’s on the smaller side. I agree that Harris (and Brandon Smith) are twinkle-toed as well, though they have other issues that give me pause.

1 Like

For our system I agree

What are your thoughts on Chance Campbell if we wait till our day 3 picks to address LBer?

Yeah he’s like a discount Chenal, right? Not quite as athletic but like Chenal tested better than expected, good instincts against the run, poor against the pass.

But like I’ve said about Chenal I don’t really think that’s the type of LB we’ll be looking for. As a day 3 punt, sure, bet on his production and surprising testing, but I wouldn’t spend too many resources on him.