New PFF top 100

Finally an update, some surprises.

Witherspoon at 12, Van Ness at 16, Flowers at 19, Latu at 32.

4 Likes

Ringo at 46!

4 Likes

Did you see Jeremiah’s praise of Witherspoon on Twitter the other day? He didn’t say who all he had scouted yet, but that Witherspoon was the best by far of the ones he had to that point.

4 Likes

Yeah I think he’s really in the mix to be the #1 CB off the board depending on how he tests. And he’s at the Senior Bowl too which is awesome, hopefully he doesn’t bail.

And Clark Phillips not in the top 100.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Latu at 32 is silly.

2 Likes

Especially with his medical red flags

Phillips outside of the top 100 is also silly.

1 Like

This is the shock value stage of rankings :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, and Beebe on the list even though he’s going back to school.

Some of them I think are just to reset our opinions. The momentum for Witherspoon and to a lesser extent Van Ness to rise has been building for a few weeks now. I really do think they’re going much higher than the simulators.

Others, like the Ringo and Phillips takes, are just “we don’t like these guys as much as everyone else and we want to make sure you notice.” I also think Phillips could fall, but into the 2nd round. Not into day 3

2 Likes

Still interesting seeing that many QB actually rated top 11.
And DL overall.

I mean I guess with Phillips if they had it on good knowledge he was a 4.6 guy or something. But provided he’s even decent athlete I think he’s a top 100 playmaking soot CB at the very least.

1 Like

Ringo is ridiculously polarizing. Some very smart people are sold on him and some other very smart people are in the hard pass group. Scheme will be key to his success. Seattle would be a good spot for him I’d think.

3 Likes

Hopefully that’s what the league sees too.

2 Likes

I think the bigger problem is Phillips will be small, and small guys tend to fall (Asante Samuel, Kristian Fulton, McCreary), unless they’re also freak athletes like Jaire. And I don’t suspect Phillips to test like a freak athlete.

Ringo will be a fascinating case study. I still think he could be a star at safety.

1 Like

Levis and Richardson are going to put together workouts that would even make Kyle Boller jealous. Levis is going to nail the mayonnaise in your coffe part of the interview.

1 Like

Yeah. I’m fine saying he’s a mid day two guy. Bur as long as he’a not both small and slow he’s not a day 3 pick IMO.

And I’m pretty sure that’s what Renner thinks. Or maybe not slow, but not fast either.

He sure doesn’t play like a 4.6 guy.

2 Likes

Too many RB’s on this list for my liking.