Next week vs GB

In 2017, the Packers starting QB for both games was Brett Hundley. Aaron Rodgers didn’t play a down in either game.

In 2018, against the Lions at Ford Field, Rodgers threw for 442 yards and 3 TDs with no INTs. Packers had another 98 yards rushing for 540 yards of offense.

In 2018, at Lambeau Field, Rodgers played the first 3 series before leaving with a concussion:

1st & 10 at GB 21
(14:01 - 1st) J.Williams right end to GB 21 for no gain (C.Jones).

2nd & 10 at GB 21
(13:28 - 1st) A.Rodgers sacked at GB 9 for -12 yards (J.Davis).

3rd & 22 at GB 9
(12:42 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short middle to J.Graham to GB 25 for 16 yards (Q.Diggs; J.Davis).

1st & 10 at GB 6
(9:40 - 1st) PENALTY on GB-D.Bakhtiari, False Start, 3 yards, enforced at GB 6 - No Play.

1st & 13 at GB 3
(9:40 - 1st) J.Williams up the middle to GB 6 for 3 yards (R.Jean Francois).

2nd & 10 at GB 6
(9:07 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short left to J.Kumerow to GB 12 for 6 yards (M.Ford).

3rd & 4 at GB 12
(8:23 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right.

1st & 10 at GB 25
(2:54 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep left to R.Cobb.

2nd & 10 at GB 25
(2:49 - 1st) J.Williams left end to GB 21 for -4 yards (E.Lee).

3rd & 14 at GB 21
(2:13 - 1st) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short left to J.Williams to GB 25 for 4 yards (Q.Diggs).

DeShone Kizer took over the next series.

31-0
30-17 (no punts by our offense)

Doesn’t seem all that tough to me :crazy_face:

Erin has already shown his hand , you put pressure on him and he gets erratic with the football and plays more nervous. WE will have returning players off of injury, we now have a legit OC , Stafford is far more focused and determined this season , He is more mobile and looks off his intended targets more and he can make some incredible throws . Our defense is tough and going to be tougher yet going forward, The O-line has been slowly yet steadily improving and we have multiple weapons, Patricia is gaining popularity and this team does not quit…I’d even dare say that they play with an air of swagger at times Stafford included. we should be getting Slay back as well…so I am not afraid of ANY team anywhere we play.

AS I said, It is the penalties and officials that can cost us the W in this game .

1 Like

We were up 24-0 in that game. Wouldn’t that be the old Stat Padford time?

I have near that level of confidence too. I’m gonna own it - I think we win this game, maybe even win big.

1 Like

:+1:

Man, I’m jealous of you fellas who are buying in to this team. I wish I had that level of confidence in them but I’m not ready to buy those tickets for the Lions hype train.

I might sip a bit of Honolulu Blue Lions kool aid every now and then but that glass is still half empty for me. If they beat Green Bay next week, I might purchase a half full glass. :wink:

1 Like

The Honolulu Blue hype train is here. Either get on it or get run over by it.

train-choo-choo-motherfucker

2 Likes

When Rodgers exited that game, the Lions were up 7-0 in the first quarter.

LOL - So good, bro

If you are responding to the post I think you are responding to, he was referencing the 1st game where Rodgers had the big stats. I realize its an easy thing to mix up what time we were talking about being up 24-0 on the Packers because we do it all the time now!!!:rofl:

1 Like

I got them backwards.

In any event, for me the GB game basically comes down to 2 things:

1. Shut down the run. No way should the Lions allow 4 freakin’ rushing TDs. Damon Harrison, you held out for more money and got it. Fine, now go out and earn it. Same for you Mike Daniels, whenever you do go back out there.

2. Contain Aaron Rodgers, do not allow him to escape the pocket. To me, that means you don’t rush 3, you rush 4 or 5 and sometimes more than that. I don’t care if the turf-toe guy plays or not, Rodgers is the guy that beats you. Don’t let him.

Let’s be honest, Rodgers is gonna get loose sooner or later, he’s just too good. But you gotta keep him penned up as often as possible.

1 Like

The division games are all going to be tough. Last year the Lions got smoked by the Vikings twice, smoked by the Bears once. The other Bears game was close but 2 bad interceptions sealed the loss. The Lions definitely outplayed the Packers last year. I don’t expect the Packers to turn the ball over 3 times in the first quarter this season or just not care like in week 17. The division games are going to be battles.
I think if they want to win the division they are going to have to win 4 of the division games.
It’s not going to be an easy task. The Lions defense really has been playing exceptional this season and they will need to keep it up.
If the defense can play like they have, they have a shot to win any game.

2 Likes

So, what you’re saying is, ‘they should injure Rodgers, early’?

1 Like

What the opposition are saying:

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?31121-Official-Packers-Lions-Discussion-Thread

I disagree. Rushing three (and collapsing the pocket) and playing coverage is the best way to play Rodgers and the Packers espescially if they don’t have Adams.

Stop the run and make him produce long chain moving drives with Allison, Graham and Valdez-Scalding.

Bringing heat and letting him improvise his way into deep shots is the worst way to go about it IMO.

1 Like

So far this season, we’ve been pretty good at having a contained rush. I can only think of one play this year, where we blew contain (up the right sideline - Mahomes).
We have contained Murray, Wentz, and Mahommes. Mahomes & Murray are more mobile than Rodgers, and Wentz is probably equally mobile (younger & slightly mores?)

I don’t see Rodgers getting a bunch of plays up the sidelines. Maybe one or 2. Really need to tackle him with kids gloves though, because the refs will be looking to put someone in jail for sneezing on him.

I think we’ll give him the same contained rush, with an extra blitz here and there. You never really know.

Davis might be used to spy on AR some too. I think his speed can get to Rogers a couple three times if our coverage holds up.

1 Like

Yea, was thinking the same thing.

1 Like