Next week vs GB

Same here. All of a sudden the NFC East looks like the weakest division in the NFL.

I can see Tracy Walker covering Graham…

I could see marshmellows and chocolate sauce covering Graham

3 Likes

Oh, tell me s’more

2 Likes

1 Like

I hope our Dline is back healthy so we can finish a game!

2 Likes

Both teams have proven they have a hard time finishing. This game will not be in hand for either until 00:00

2 Likes

If we can collapse the pocket rushing 3 (and I think we can) we are going to give their offense fits IMO.

GB does not have a good run defense, you can run on 'em and the Lions need to do that effectively to setup play action. I thought Dak made some bad decisions and threw the ball where he shouldn’t have, and it cost them. Stafford cannot do that, so I think the Lions need to get Hock and Amendola back. Those guys get open and make it easier for Stafford to get rid of the ball, and he’s going to have to play very well. And smart.

The whole thing about GB begins and ends with Rodgers. Contain him and you have an excellent chance to beat them. Let him escape the pocket and you got a problem, even though I think the Lions’ secondary is vastly improved, especially if Slay returns, which I think he will. No clue how bad Diggs’ hammy is, we’ll find out more probably Wednesday if not sooner.

The thing about containment is the DL, you’re gonna get tired running after Rodgers, and so they’re going to need all Hands on deck. Da’Shawn Hands to be exact, and hopefully Daniels too. I doubt there will be a more motivated Lions player than Daniels to beat GB, the question is whether his foot injury will allow him to be out there. I do think it’s about time for the Lions’ run defense to finally show up this season, no more excuses for being out of shape. I don’t want to the GB RBs getting 4 rushing TDs on us.

Hey, GB is good, mostly due to Rodgers. But so are the Lions, they just need to go out there and prove it.

1 Like

I think beating Green Bay in Lambeau with a healthy Aaron Rodgers is a taller task than beating Kansas City at home.

They are going to need more from the defensive line or else Green Bay might carve them up. This would be a prime game for Daniels to make an impact if he’s good to go, we all know he’s not lacking motivation against his former team.

Did some confidence checking around with the top 12 somewhat to very knowledgeable diehard Packer fans I know.

Tossed out a line at them via text: “$50 on Packer/Lion game?”

Responses:
-I don’t take money from friends
-A snack bar meal at the Cashino!
-Hmmmm. Sure what the hell
-I would feel better if you weren’t coming off your bye week and I have to see how serious our injuries are. If we get pressure on Stafford like we did Dak yesterday its game over.
-Interesting
-Maybe $20
-No thanks lol, I don’t have that much faith
-I’m not that confident haha
-Lol u serious, hell ya

Mixed bag of confidence at 4-1, at least for $50.

1 Like

Did you try to make $600 of bets on that game? Serious fan.

1 Like

That’s what it’d add up to but I have a disclaimer… No bets are official without a handshake… And if I bet on the Lions, they typically lose.

Of the 9 responses it came to $70 and a meal.

While doing some research on this game I turned up an interesting stat. In the history of the NFL (even going back all the way to the 1930 Portsmouth Spartans) the Green Bay Packers have never beaten Matt Patricia as HC. Not one single time. We are talking about nearly 100 years of history of the rivalry, so you’d think they would have pulled it off a few times. But nope, they got nada.:crazy_face:

1 Like

Don’t get cocky! They have Aaron and the Refs.

why is beating Green Bay at Lambeau a “tall task” ? we already have beaten them there at least twice before 2019 with an arguably worse team and leaders.

Sounds just like us. LOL

1 Like

Rodgers wasn’t healthy in those games and their defense was significantly worse. The game last year was a nothing game for both teams.

I don’t mean to be a downer but some of you guys are putting the Lions up on a pedestal after this loss to KC (who then lost to Indy at home) as if they are an automatic contender now when in reality, it’s a team that is still middle of the pack with some proving left to do to prove that they are a contender.

Going to Green Bay is always tough, playing against a healthy Rodgers in Green Bay is all the more tougher. Yes it’s a tall task for this team to pull that game out. It doesn’t mean they can’t but they are clear underdogs IMO.
The Lions are an improved team but it’s still an uphill climb for them to win this division compared to the other teams in the North. I just don’t believe in them quite yet.

3 Likes

Niiiice! I feel so much better now. LOL

YUP