NFL analyst gushes over the Bears: 'The Bears are coming, so get ready'

YARN | the Not quite Ready for Prime Time Players | Saturday ...

If they ever get a QB, they would be a problem.

7 Likes

They were a 7 win team last season, that could easily have been a 9 win team if they didn’t shit the bed against the Broncos and us. They played for their coach when the season was lost and after an 0-4 start they finished on a 7-6 run.

Their defense was a top 10 unit, they upgraded their offense in free agency and they have another top 10 pick to go along with taking Williams 1st overall.

If Williams has an OK rookie season the Bears will be pushing for a winning season and will be a tough matchup for anyone.

9 Likes

NFCN will be muuuch tougher next year

…but

Coming To America Lion GIF by Amazon Prime Video

These guys have come up a TON too…
GTFO of the way man, the Lions learned valuable lessons, will get much better from within, & have had a great offseason.

2 Likes

I could see them passing the Vikings with halfway decent QB play. Caleb hasn’t really prepared himself for the NFL, so if that’s their route they have a lot of teaching to do.

2 Likes

personally, I would like to see the lions get a break with some downfall in the NFCN.

This year will be a war damn near every Sunday

6 Likes

The division is on the rise. It looks like the Packers cut bait on Rodgers at the right time and have yet again drafted a decent QB. I hate those guys.

7 Likes

100%
I view them as a wildcard team that could possibly get a home game if we weren’t in their division…that said, we need to make sure to not have a few bad games within the division.

I think we beat 'em twice, but they will be a pain in the ass.

3 Likes

If they hit on their QB, which has been a 60 year process for them, they are gonna be really, really good.

The bonus side to this is that having a lot of big games during the season will help prepare us for the playoffs.

At this point, my only thoughts are what will prepare us better for our first ever Super Bowl, which I believe is coming this year.

1 Like

100%

2 Likes

All with a rookie QB.?

This time of year there are a lot of writers that are full of shit.

GIF by Groundhog Day

What happend to fields for MVP? Not saying they cant/wont be a problem but they said this same thing last year

3 Likes

Da Bears have no QB. They’re not doing anything.
Da Bears don’t know how to draft or develop a QB. When was the last time they drafted a QB that turned out to be a franchise player (for them)?

I don’t recall the Bears ever having a really good QB. I got Cutlers, Kramers, and McMahon. None of those guys are even close to elite.

1 Like

Bears are definitely on the rise if Caleb can come anywhere close to the hype.

Thankfully, I am not that confident in Poles as a GM, so even if they do turn a corner, I don’t think they will be able to make the next jump after that.

2 Likes

Yep… just terrible QB play for decades and decades yet they managed to win a super bowl in the 80’s and went to another Super Bowl with Rex Grossman.

All they need is a QB. If they hit on that this year, they can easily win the division.

I disagree they have bought some good players but how many of them looking for just a final pay day. I recall many seasons when Lions were place to go an get the retirement package an how many times did we win??? The reason the play games is you can’t declare a winner in April the winner shows up in January. I like are approach an how we spend on players we are developing. Yes in FA you fill few holes till the draft picks develop or fail .

Their defense since trading for Sweat was fantastic. I believe NFL Network said it was the best run defense in the league from that week forward.

I don’t see how they’re going to be a threat this year with Caleb Williams. He doesn’t appear to be anywhere as pro ready as Stroud was. The Bears are going to have to completely rebuild his game. If he tries that college stuff, they’re going to sack him over and over again.