NFL free agency: Lions LB Jarrad Davis to the Jets--1 year $5.5M w $1.5 NLTBE

1 Like

It’s definitely starters pay though.

1 Like

I can’t believe we couldn’t get a deal done with him if this is all he got. Disappointing.

2 Likes

Totally this wasn’t a great team roster wise but it damn sure wasn’t a 5 win team

1 Like

Good news is that BQ drafted Tavai in the second round so we won’t see a drop off… lol

:sob:

3 Likes

The stench of this Bob Quinn roster has us all nose blind.
We grieve the loss of Davis and rejoice at the signing of Okwara at 12 mil per year. Yikes.

1 Like

FA not officially open and im ready to jump on the tank train. Pumped for the 2022 draft!!..

Yeah but a 1 year deal doesn’t scream “we have a lot of confidence in you”. It’s more like a, “yeah you were good in college and bad in the NFL…but we’ll roll the dice on ya for one year, why not”

And it’s not like he’s signing with a team that will be contending for anything but the first pick in the draft next year…maybe that’s why they want Davis!!! LOL
I kid.

Like @Air2theThrown said, “I’m surprised we couldn’t get a deal done with him if this is all he got”.

2 Likes

If they would have spent $7M OF THIS YEARS CAP MONEY on a guy who was all hat and no cattle,

happy turn up GIF by FilmStruck

4 Likes

Premium.

Defender.

In other news, SPAM now officially designated as GOURMET PORCINE GELATINIZED MOUSSE

6 Likes

1 Like

From what I have heard most everyone is expecting a lot of 1 year prove it deals this offseason as players look to cash in next year with an expected big jump in cap space around the league.

Jarreds and Subways tend not to work out too well

2 Likes

Goodbye GIF

1 Like

The more I think about this the more it feels like the Lions just didn’t feel like he was worth investing in at this point.

It is hard to NOT notice JRM back at roughly $3 million and Davis gone. This was a very interesting decision.

Any possible comp pick— 6th or 7th rd?

Not really. Davis could turn out to be another Ebron—a one year flash in the pan elsewhere.

For $7M a year, rather see a draft pick.

1 Like

“we” as in those who do.

Hahaha this got me. He will no doubt help them lose, just put him 1 on 1 with a RB, TD every time.

1 Like

This is very Carlin!!

george carlin GIF

1 Like