NFL Free Agency Thread

Another safety off the board, pretty big deal too:

1 Like

The safety market has really been lower than expected. Bates really cashed in, but the rest of the guys settled for below market value, IMO.

1 Like

The Seahawks have created a situation similar to ours where they have no pressing needs. I like what they are doing. Only difference is they MUST take a QB in the draft in the 1st or at the end of the 1st. We donā€™t have to. But Iā€™m pretty sure they will with the contract they gave Geno.

2 Likes

I think they could feasibly wait until next year. Donā€™t they have Denverā€™s 1st round pick in 2024 as well? Allows them some flexibility in the draft to go get their guy if they want.

2 Likes

They at least have a backup QB though, which is more than we can say at the moment.

4 Likes

This is actually the last year the Broncos owe compensation as part of that deal. Remember they traded the 9th pick last year which became Charles Cross and their 5th pick this year.

2 Likes

Did the Broncos not give up 3 1sts? I thought they did, though I could be mistaken.

It was 2 1sts, 2 2nds, a 5th, maybe another late pick, Drew Lock, Noah Fant, and Shelby Harris for Wilson and a 4th. Or something like that.

2 Likes

Pretty sure we are going to draft one at some point. So Iā€™m cool with not signing anyone atm. I also think we want to go into the draft looking like we may go QB at 6. It could make someone try and jump us to get a player to drop. Or even possibly give us a shot to move back.

Or we take a QB at 6ā€¦

I personally would rather have a day 2 or 3 QB be our backup anyway over whatā€™s available. If Bridgewater is still available after the draft and we donā€™t take someone significant, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if we signed him. I feel like heā€™s going to wait till then anyway.

2 Likes

Maaaannnā€¦Iā€™m just not a BridgeWater fan.
reminds me too much of Simon & Garfulnkle

1 Like
1 Like

The disrespectā€¦

Itā€™s former LIONS LB Chris Board

2 Likes

Bill does love his ST players

Former lion.

Thatā€™s good value for Love IMO.

The Hoodie might have kept the Comp. pick bean dream aloce if we do lose chark. Need one more qualifying offer. Hughes might be the best shot.

Iā€™d rather just have Chark back of course.

Yeah we needed one more guy to get up to qualifying and it looks like Board is it. Though of course thatā€™s dependent on Chark getting a big enough contract to cancel out Sutton if he leaves.

A little intra-division chicanery. I never thought Lowry was all that great:

Good signing by KC, another safety off the board:

1 Like