*NFL Schedule Release Thread*

The schedule comes out tomorrow night. We should start seeing some leaks here pretty soon (if we haven’t already).

It appears we haven’t closed the season against the Bears since 2015. We closed the season with the Packers in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 with the Vikings in 2020. So I’m going to throw out an early prediction of closing at Soldier Field. For Thanksgiving they try to give us a division rival or the toughest team on our schedule. So I’m predicting Ravens with a darkhorse prediction of the Cardinals. They try to give the Cowboys a soft opponent or a division rival. I’m going to guess Eagles for them.

Doesn’t it have to be an NFC team for Thanksgiving because we had an AFC team in 2020? Or did that rotation get changed up?

I’ve grown to dislike the Cardinals. I’d love to see that as a Turkeyday matchup.

It changed so that the networks have flexibility now.

1 Like

Thinking Cardinals or 49er’s on Turkey Day.

I don’t see the NFL doing that to the Cards or Niners. West coast team traveling east to play a 12:30 start, which is 930 local time on a short week. Hey advantage Lions if they do

1 Like

It’s a long season and and you have to play them all. Having said that, I hope we play an away game first, against a moderate opponent, maybe Pittsburgh or Arizona. I definitely don’t want a home game and an easy opponent like Cincinnati. I want the team to see a high functioning team out of the gate, which will expose the weaknesses for our developing team.

Lions vs Rams will be a Sun night, Mon night or Thur night game I’m thinking

2 Likes

I don’t think we will have a Thursday night game unless it’s the one right after Thanksgiving. That would mean the Rams would need to play on T-Day.

1 Like

I’m saying LA the first week, 2nd (late) monday night game. It is intriguing because of the quarterbacks, La is a West Coast team so you get that late slot for the second Monday night game, and to really make sure you get the best pay off you can from an NFL money making standpoint on this matchup you have to do it early so the game still means something

1 Like

They got rid of the opening Monday double header.

3 Likes
1 Like

I actually liked the double header for week one. The announcing crews might suck for game two at times, but liked having the game available.

Oh well.

1 Like

glad he’s the night game - we get to check him out.

1 Like

It’ll be the first time I ever cheer for the Bears to win! ha ha

2 Likes

I root for the Bears every time they play the Packers or Cowboys.

1 Like

When the Bears play the Packers, I cheer for both starting QB’s to get crushed on every play, hopefully resulting in a tie and 2 injured QB’s! Hasn’t happened yet, ha ha.

1 Like

What put you off about em?

Just emotional connection to the Ties. I liked Warner and the guys, but since the tie, I just wanna beat their ass. LOL. We have played them so much, it’s almost like inner division rivalry. Fitz is getting older and I don’t believe in Murray the way most do.

Don’t forget Anquan Boldin’s rookie debut!

1 Like