*NFL Schedule Release Thread*

Damn thats a tough draw but excited to see Bosa vs Sewell 49ers have a soild DL will be a good measuring stick of the OL

1 Like

Our O-line can match up very well (beat) the 49ers D-line, already. That game will be a matter of getting Swift to beat their LBs, and we’ll be counting on our new IDL to help stop that run game.

Bosa typically plays on Deckers side.

poor jimmy wyrick. busted his career. Really a failing of the coaching staff to leave him on boldin all game it was such a physical mismatch it was crazy.

1 Like

Looks like another Bears matchup on Thanksgiving!!! Yawnnnnnn

Why am I not seeing the Rams opening matchup?

LAR vs. CHI on SNF

It’s on NBC, so that’s why it’s not with the rest, and that game leaked yesterday.

1 Like

So it looks like we’ve got:

Week 1 vs 49ers
Week 5 @ Minny
Week 8 vs Philly
Week 12 vs Bears
Week 13 vs Minny

I will assume Week 13 is the week after Thanksgiving. And since T-Day is always at home, I think that puts us on the road the Sunday before T-Day…which sucks. But if we are at home the week before T-Day, that means we have a 3 game home streak which would mean we would have a long road streak at some point…which also sucks.

I’ll fill in during the day…

Week 1: vs. San Francisco

Week 2: at Green Bay (MNF)

Week 3: TBD

Week 4: TBD

Week 5: at Minnesota

Week 6: TBD

Week 7: TBD

Week 8: vs. Philadelphia

Week 9: TBD

Week 10: TBD

Week 11: TBD

Week 12 (Thanksgiving?): vs. Chicago

Week 13: vs. Minnesota

Week 14: at Denver

Week 15: TBD

Week 16: TBD

Week 17: TBD

Week 18: vs. Green Bay

Rumor right now is that the Packers will be playing the Browns on Xmas day. Unless they put their opponent on Xmas as well, that gives the Packers more rest leading up to the season finale.

Might as well lock in the Lions for a week 4 bye. Happens every year.

1 Like

The league is in a tough spot with the Packers. They’re making the schedule now assuming that Rodgers will be a Packer so if he gets traded that will likely be 3 Monday Night football games and a few other Prime Time games along with a Xmas game of a team that will probably be less entertaining than the Lions.

2 Likes

I think the girl on NFL Network this morning nailed it…it doesn’t really matter. Yes its more exciting if Rodgers is playing. But its still the Packers, who are a huge draw no matter what. Its not quite like scheduling the Lions with Stafford, Calvin and Reggie Bush and then all of a sudden its Kellen Moore, Kris Durham and Kieland Williams.

Bucs/Pats in Foxboro will be in week 4.

Week 2 Monday night @ Green Bay!

1 Like

Saw this posted but not sure how credible it is… but if so that’s an insane amount of 4p games.

Advantages/disadvantages of playing the late afternoon game every Sunday? Are there?

YES! A prime time game outside of Thanksgiving!!!

grinch smile GIF

2 Likes

I guess that means two primetime national games, then. Because I would be absolutely shocked if the NFL throws away a compelling matchup like Rams-Lions to the normal schedule. I guess it could be a 4 p.m. national second game on a Sunday, though.

1 Like

So who do we cheer for in the Lions Rams game? Assuming we’re tanking at that point.

I have a hard time envisioning the word “tanking” being in MCDC’s lexicon, unless you mean riding roughshod over the rest of the NFC North like an Abrams.

tank GIF

6 Likes