NFL switches offical pizza from PH to LC

Detroit-style pizza is good. I like Jets’ version. um-Jets Pizza that is.

1 Like

LOL

Season 4 Michael GIF by The Office

4 Likes

True, but only one of those possibly impacts the teams I root for. You have no idea how low quality a pizza I will eat of it means my teams are winning because of it.

1 Like

I like Buddy’s and Jet’s.

I also like the wood/coal fired Neapolitan style pizzas with the thin crust.

How do you know?

2 Likes

Agree with that.

The only reason I can see for going New York style is a low carb diet or just having/wanting a snack… in the right setting sure give me a slice or two. At a baseball game, New York Style is nice.

But, if it’s dinner time, give me some deeper dish stuff with loaded toppings like Detroit Style or Chicago style. Perhaps you could load up a thin crust with toppings, but it’ll fall apart pretty quick once you pick it up.

1 Like

When you order jets make sure to order it with turbo crust.

Best chain Detroit style deep dish outside of Detroit is Guido’s

2 Likes

Roots pizza in Chicago was actually really good. Didn’t have to be Chicago style or anything, they did hand tossed as well. Our go to though was usually Pat’s pizza, the thin crust style.

Also too, I get confused now because when people say Chicago style, I assume they are talking about the deep dish, but most people I knew/worked with would always order the thin crust, similar to the at Louis style but no cracker crust. Not sure what that style is called, but you can buy the freezer version of it from Homerun Inn pizza at most grocery stores. So anyway, now I get confused because I’m not sure if people are referring to the thin crust Chicago style or the deep dish.

Not a huge fan of deep dish although every once in awhile it’s good. I found Lou malnati’s to be a bit overrated.

All this being said I don’t know I’ve ever turned down pizza of any kind… unless I had too much earlier and pooping became an issue, a la the weird al song.

Bells in EL was the bomb back in the day. Chicago style but damn that was good late night with a good buzz on.

1 Like

Best pizza I have ever had was
-Chicago Uno Deux
-Giordano’s
…lots of 'em tied for 3rd
Beggars was a good Chicago Style, but they were a little soggy near the middle…Crust was fantastic, but they needed to thicken the sauce a little.

1 Like

Ok so to clarify, you are talking about Chicago deep dish pizza, not the thin crust chicago style right? Same as pizza papalis, or malnati’s or giordanos, but the deep dish where each slice is like a casserole?

LOVE it → Cheese on top. They call it Chicago style. SO good. It is very much like a casserole (only way better).
Piza Papalis used to have these hilarious commercials. “Another one bites the crust”

I think it was theirs that also listed things you should not do with your pizza. One of the activities they said you should not do with your pizza was “Bicep Curls”…cuz it’s so heavy.

Fun stuff.

OMG they did a nice job for the NFL games. So many great places to go.

1 Like

My 2 boys used to live off Little Ceasars. One right down the street from me.

If anyone is in Downriver MI stop in at Fredi The Pizza Man in Melvindale MI you’re in for a real treat. Get the Goulash too! @Martymcfly2017 here’s a pizza destination for you

2 Likes

Yeah that looks good.

1 Like

Angelo Brothers, Westland.
BC in St. Ignace is pretty good, for a chain store.

1 Like

Is it hard to get an order in there? Just curious, I’ve looked it up before and he has short hours, just wondering if you have to plan ahead a bit.

Best pizza ive had in the Detroit area is The Green Lantern, 12 Mile & John R.

Then:
Jet’s
Buddy’s
Sheild’s
Red Knapps (Oxford)

1 Like

3 Likes

Its walk in only. No phone orders, no delivery. People line up. Its really good

2 Likes