NFL switches offical pizza from PH to LC

My wife found a recipe online for Ghiardonno’s pizza, it was actually pretty close.
We really liked their pizzas but the one in Holland closed.

I like the Clover Bar in Grand Haven or once in awhile Fricano’s hits the spot.

My buddy sent that video to me a long time ago, the audio to it is actually really funny.

1 Like

Ive never been to that place. Wife and i have gone to clam lake a few times in Cadillac. Btw terrible pizza

Damn, I always seem to miss out on these deletions. :cry:

NY style pizza is garbage. It shouldn’t even exist outside of New York where people swear “its different.” Its way too thin and floppy. And the first thing people teach you is to fold it over. So you are getting this super awesome “style” of pizza and the first thing you do is manipulate it so that it acts and tastes more like a regular pizza. Make it make sense!

There is a youtube video I watched with some Korean girls trying pizza for the first time. They gave them different styles. Detroit style was their favorite and they didn’t like the NY style at all.

I would recommend an 8 corner pizza from Jet’s to anyone who likes pizza. In particular Detroit style pizza.

3 Likes

Do like the Jets!

My go-to toppings are ham, onion and pineapple.

Worst toppings on pizza:
Green onion (ETA: meant to say Green Bell Pepper)
Bacon

Best toppings (in no particular order):
Sun dried tomato
Ham (some kinds, not all)
Onion
Pepperoni (not the instant grease-puddle type)
Mushroom

1 Like

I’ll have to give that a try. I love a Hungry Howie’s deep dish with extra sauce. I’ve found Jets regular pizzas to be nasty. The crust, like Dominoes, tastes like the cardboard box. But 8 corners is right up my alley and looking a lot like that Hungry Howie’s deep dish.

1 Like

I have noticed that with some pizza places I can’t do the bacon. I LOVE bacon, but its not even bacon. Its just hunks of fat with no actual bacon. Pizza Hut is terrible about that. Of all of the chain pizza places I think Marco’s consistently has the best bacon. Its actual bacon every time, and its got a light crunch to it which I like.

My favorite pizza right now is Mellow Mushroom. Its a bit pricey but man is it good!

They have 160 locations mainly in the midwest and south.

2 Likes

That looks really good!!

When I lived in Kzoo, I liked Bilbo’s pizza a lot. Still there as far as I know!

1 Like

@BigNatty

Here’s a softball for ya, brother!

play softball GIF

4 Likes

You are an animal. This pizzeria owner did it right:

I presume you meant green olives. If so, I will fight you in the streets.

George Costanza Fighting GIF

3 Likes

Sorry, I meant Green Bell Pepper, not Green Onion.

Never had green olive on a pizza that I can remember, but I wouldn’t object to it depending on the other toppings.

Fair enough. War averted.

1 Like

Little Ceaser’s is worse, The McDonald’s of Pizza, frozen store-bought pizza is better than that is.

Napolitano is floppy. New York style’s crust is a little more firm throughout the pizza. When done right at least.

1 Like

That’s exactly what everyone says. New York style pizza doesn’t suck “when its done right.” And the only people that do it right are a few places in New York, and everywhere else has it wrong. Which leads back to my original statement that New York style pizza sucks and shouldn’t exist outside of those few places in New York. :rofl:

2 Likes

All this, all day, every day

2 Likes

Bilbos is still here, their salad is till the bomb too.

Mellow Mushroom is really great pizza, good call.

2 Likes