Nine NFL bandwagons to hop on in 2021: Tennessee Titans, Joe Burrow and Brandon Staley top the list

No. 9–Dan Campbell

Detroit Lions · HC

This is a future play. But I’m in. I love Campbell’s toughness and general approach. It’s contagious. And the Lions, who have been rebuilding since 1957, needed this kind of figure. Campbell also put together a sensational coaching staff, featuring gems like Duce Staley, Aaron Glenn and Anthony Lynn. It’s gold. And I couldn’t stop watching the reaction from Campbell and new GM Brad Holmes when they drafted offensive tackle Penei Sewell, who will represent toughness and greatness. Campbell and Holmes are culture-changers – and Sewell’s a culture-changing player.

The 2021 season won’t be easy, but I think we’ll see the seeds of change with the franchise. Campbell will run the ball with D’Andre Swift and try to win games in the trenches, where the Lions are pretty stout on both sides of the football. Jared Goff was undoubtedly subpar last season, but he can still play when he’s well-protected and stays within himself.

2 Likes

Schein on you crazy diamond