No longer have high hopes for Jamo

you guys having good luck baby over for dinner?

Jeremy Reisman

@DetroitOnLion

My quick thoughts on Jameson Williams’ practice. - Definitely a rough start with 2-3 drops in individual and 1-on-1s - Also laid a huge block on a run play - Also put CJGJ in a turnstyle with an ELITE release (but pass wasn’t near him) - Also had a TD in 7-on-7s vs. CJGJ

feels like he ix working his way in really nicely

6 Likes

Honestly… in training camp, jamo needs to prove he’s a starter. He needs to compete and beat out guys like Reynolds, khalif and Marvin Jones. He should… but he has to prove it. He has to convince the staff that he can be completely trusted. He has to know his assignments and be where he needs to. Otherwise…after being gone for 7 weeks (suspension+ bye) how could the staff put him right out there if they don’t fully trust him? And if they don’t… he will be working each week with limited reps, sprinkling into packages in games, etc. And his growth will be held back further. But it’s on him. And it has me a bit worried.

2 Likes

Jamie Gertz and Robert Downer Jr agree with you.

guarantee you that ix the exact position he is in

1 Like

WOW was not expecting to come on here and go from Jamo is about to be a top 10 WR to the Lions may cut him…LOL.

This fan base is getting as bad an English soccer team fan base. Realize the top teams over there often go through 2-3 HC coaches in a season…it is truly a win or you suck league.

I think we will need to give Jamo a grade after the season has ended. A player is rarely has good as his best play and conversely he is rarely as bad as his worst play. If he can not meet the mark he will be gone. Lets hope it does not come to that.

2 Likes

I appreciate what he is saying and he would know better than almost anyone. But truth be told, teammates won’t often throw each other under the bus in the media.

I’m not saying what he says isn’t true, but also don’t really know that he just isn’t spewing the company line.

All in all I’m not worried about Jamo just yet. He has had some bumps getting started and he’ll either mature and overcome them and be a part of this team or be one of those guys who didn’t amount to shit and just has a big bag of excuses.

1 Like

Speaking of WR’s, I heard Q Johnston has been tearing it up for the Chargers so far in camp. Will be interesting to see how that one plays out. Lots on this board seemed to be low on him as a prospect

1 Like

LMAO.

Remember when Chase struggled in camp and was dropping the ball left and right? Jfc, what a bad take.

3 Likes

Stop taking the cheese…you clearly have a few reporters who are posting for clicks…

its his first padded practice, he probably opened w/ some jitters…but sounds like he had a pretty good day. Btw, this is sterlings second fight … anyone suggesting he should get cut? NO…he’s scrappy UDFA and should make the team.

The hate by some is unreal…

6 Likes

what you are not understanding here is that our coach has lost the locker room, bro.
The next coach will most likely be able to clean it up though.

Has Jamo worked his way off the team?

1 Like

Fishing Fail GIF by Conesulfoz

4 Likes

I’m beginning to get a good feeling about Thomas.
He’s pissing off Jamo and Kalif. That’s good shit, right there!

3 Likes

Travis Kelce threw a punch at practice the other day too. Where are the posts saying he is immature?

3 Likes

I’m not worried yet. Jamop needs to start string together strong practices. It is encouraging that he is working on b locking. No block no rock (Ben Johnson quote). Maybe that will get him going?

It is July 31st. Jameson needs to put his nose down and embrace the grind. One practice after another. I’m worried if this is Aug. 31st. July 31st and Aug. 31st are not the same thing.

2 Likes

Travis kelsey got into a fight yesterday. It happens.

Thomas is fighting for a roster spot. Hes playing hard. This is jamos first training camp too. So its gonna get a little heated.

I dont pay any attention to anything in training camp.

See Rookie Jamar chase. “Dropping balls in training camp…is he a bust?” Headlines all off season. Cut scene one of the top 10 WR in the nfl

3 Likes

Yep - apparently he is doing something to get under other players skin. That may not be a bad thing - first Ifedi and now Jamo. At least he is an equal opportunity offender. A wr and an o-lineman. Who’s next? TE or RB?

3 Likes

bro - I’m telling you…it’s not his fault…their coach lost the locker room too

2 Likes

Exactly. Jamo barely played last year, and they almost never have padded practices in the regular season. This is his first training camp, he’s still a rookie in my book. I’m not jumping off the bridge yet, unless he starts liking inappropriate tweets again, then cut him asap. :wink:

2 Likes