No, seriously, where is the first win for the Lions coming from this season? (week 5 rant thread)

Falcons and/or perhaps the Eagles. But yeah we missed most of the other terrible teams.

To be honest not a bad year to have a really challenging schedule. We weren’t succeeding regardless.

I don’t think they’re going o-fer either. I just laid out the group of games from which they’ll have to win one or two. They don’t have a comfortable one the rest of the year.

So if us and jags go 0-17…who then gets the 1st pick?

Been that way for decades…other teams see us on their sched and circle a “W”.

1 Like

Whoever has the weaker strength of opponent schedule.

So far…

Our offensive line is the only position group that can be called NFL worthy. Our All-Pro caliber center and very good left tackle are both out. That leaves us with a good but inexperienced rookie on the left side, a former hot dog guy at right tackle, the guy who was supposed to be the right tackle shoehorned at right guard because he’s too expensive to cut, a decent but limited left guard, and I don’t even know who the hell our center is at this point.

This team has very little margin for error due to the lack of talent. Our coaches are basically rookies themselves, and they will make bad calls while they learn. Campbell made a great call today by going for 2 and the win, but it didn’t matter because our practice squad secondary gave up 46 yards on 3 passes.

1 Like

Houston lost after getting out to a solid lead? Awful!

1 Like

Cuz we don’t want to see him go from “Over-the-top Bite their kneecaps off tough guy” to “sensitive Lionized whimp” in only 5 games

2 Likes

LOL, yeah, that too.

1 Like

5 games? Hell, he’s done it twice in both games he should have won, by approving the 3 man, prevent-winning-the-game-sissy-bullshit.

2 Likes

Last week pissed me off as I thought the team played soft. That got corrected today.

This team lost by two last second field goals two out of the last three weeks. This club generally plays hard. I never use injuries as an excuse but damn.

I see a teamt hat fights and is hungry and are not getting down on themselves. If we ever get our #1 WR back that will help. Getting Decker back will help and Ragnow is also an important missing piece. On defense getting our rookie CB will help. There is no good safety option on this team at this point. I like Tracy Walker but Will Harris is awful. That ain’t changing this season.

Even in the losses I see Dan Campbell building the team as he wants it and I like it. I am just not gonna get down on this club this week when we saw maybe the best Lions defensive football game in years. AS bad as the offense looked the D stepped up and that deserves a mention. I am not going to get down on this team after this loss and after going 0-5.

3 Likes

These are all preseason games in 2021.

Next year will be a real season. Then I’ll start worrying about wins and losses. I’m all for them getting a great draft slot, so this loss means little to me. Shrug.

1 Like

The problem is the team has to buy in to what the coach is selling. And if we don’t win enough games for that to happen, you can have all of the draft picks you want…it won’t matter.

4 Likes

That’ll be the Jags. We have such a gauntlet this year that there’s absolutely no way our SOS’s even out with about a .100 difference right now.

There’s just no way they can lose 32 straight though, right?

1 Like

Well, part of why I don’t care is that I think they already have buy-in. They were told by everybody around the league they had a crap roster, so they shouldn’t be too surprise. But they should be heartened by being in these games to the very end. Many consistently decent franchises in various sports had to “learn how to win” before they could be a true going concern in their leagues, see the Red Wings for example.

And, of course, they should have buy-in. They’re young millionaires with a player-friendly coaching staff. I sure hope they’re scratching and clawing out there. I mean, your coach is up their shedding tears for you.

I think they’re fine for now.

It’s one thing if they’re losing games because they’re short on talent, depth, and experience. Those are all part of it, but can be corrected.

The coaching staff has shown no ability to learn from the epic mistake in the Ravens game. Those improvements don’t need to wait for drafts or free agency. They can be corrected this minute. They should have been corrected two weeks ago. No matter how much talent this team stacks, no matter how experienced they get, those are the types of decisions that make the difference in close games.

1 Like

How many posters here do you see “heartened” by making these games close? I don’t see alot of celebrating, do you?

Like I said, I just don’t care. These are all exhibition games.

1 Like

It died with a lucky bounce on a record setting 66 yard FG.