Notes: Aidan Hutchinson falls to Detroit Lions in Peter Schrager’s ‘sourced’ mock draft

I would bet the Jets would trade #10, 2nd, and 3rd next year……

I would bet the Saints would trade 16… 19… 2nd

I would be the Giants would trade 7 and a 2nd

Would the Chiefs go all in to move way, way up for Jameson Willians?

He is best QB in this draft Posters are over hyping Willis an I doubt we take QB this draft but if we do Corral would be my choice

[quote=“Dan01, post:16, topic:15407, full:true”]
I’m curious why he feels his sources have Corral going to the Lions at 32. He’s the one QB I haven’t read about them meeting up with, unless I missed it.
[/quote[]]

This is certainly some interesting footage? is this guy handsome enough to get it done?

Not sure what his weaknesses aren’t, but he looks like a MF’n MAN on the hi light reels. I like his energy too. Is there any possibility this is this year’s Herbert? Available in 3rd? 2nd? What do you guys see.

I’m thinking there is a lot of good that will come from this year’s draft.

1 Like

I agree and think they should take Corral, if everything checks out with him and he falls to 32.

1 Like

Howell has plummeted down boards. All mocks I’ve done he’s been there late in the 3rd.

Doesn’t seem to get much of any likes here either, damn well no love.

I don’t see what the issue is, but again, I really don’t want qb this year.

1 Like

He’s one tough som’bitch. Big arm, likes to push it into tight holes, gunslinger, plays fearlessly, great deep ball, at least sporadic ability to sneak the mid-short game in there (good accuracy). I like him, if we go QB late.

Still hope we go Willis, but would be on board w/this dude later down the line if we don’t.

1 Like

The most flattering view of him is “a cross between Baker Mayfield and Mitch Trubisky.” You aren’t going to get alot of fans excited with that comp.

The scenario exists… for any GM smart enough to recognize that the “chart” is merely a starting point… and should be fluid from year to year.

This year… I would take both of the Saints 1st round picks and call it good. and that would be about half way between the #2 and #3 pick on the Rich Hill chart.

1 Like

Fans like to think that teams are offering chart value or slightly below chart. Those are just the deals that get executed. And people like to think their team was offered just below chart value to move down, but chose to stay and make the pick. They don’t factor in that the best offer their team got to move down from #2 to #12 was a 4th round pick.

2 Likes

yeah…. I’d probably even flip something like our 5th back to the Saints to make that happen.

If the Lions aren’t taking a QB… I’ll take the 2 picks in the top 20 of this draft over 1 player.

You aren’t hearing what I’m saying. The 2 Saints picks are not the bottom of what we might be offered for our pick. A team at #2 might literally have a best offer of a 4 or 5 to move back to 12. Are you going to take it?

1 Like

So… my original response was to @CasanovaJack1 … where he was breaking down exact points on the chart for a trade.

Even on the Rich Hill trade chart… which doesn’t have the top picks valued as much as the JJ chart… the #2 pick is worth the Saints #16, #19, and #49… plus a few points leftover.

I wouldn’t need all of that to make to make the trade. I’d take #16 and #19… and even send #177 back to them. That would be 724 points for 583 points on the chart that values higher picks less than JJ’s chart.

On the other hand… I am obviously not taking that crap offer you mentioned for a 4th rounder.
I think we agree… we’re not taking any offer to move down.

I just don’t need a “chart” offer this year.

1 Like

I actually thought T-bursk was talented as a rookie. I think he got drafted by the bears and ruined. I think if he had gone to the right spot, he may have done much better. Chicago is fighting to take over the Lions status of cellar…2000-2020 lions caliber team is what they are gonna build.

giggity GIF

2 Likes

I can’t find the analyst who made the comment on Twitter, but he suggested that Howell’s problem is that he telegraphs his throws and makes bad decisions in critical moments.

This was not a good throw:

This was a bad decision on 2d and 7:

1 Like

Bad throw , yep.

But they’re down by 7, 37 seconds left in the game. Can’t tell how many time outs left. If all three or none. I can’t tell from the graphic. Announcers are talking timeouts when the clip starts, but we miss the most important part.

Guess he was maybe trying to throw it away towards a receiver and got pulled as he was releasing the throw?

1 Like

With as much contrary hi lights, it seems like he could be coached out of it, but you never know. When I saw Stafford making these sorts of “mistakes”, I knew he could grow through them - Always felt that way. Seeing him play w/the Rams is what I always saw in him.

This guy has a ton of that “Stafford energy.” Is the the savior of a struggling team? Nope. If you plug him into na offense like the one we have built could he grow his instincts and be the undisputed “team leader”?

THAT is the question I want answered for my QB.
“If he is in the right situation, and if he is grown right, can he be the undisputed team leader?

I think Willis has a “yes” on that. With Willis, the only question I have is if he can learn to process quickly enough to make critical decisions on the NFL level?
I view Willis’s leadership energy to be VERY high.

I’m gonna watch some more of this dude to see. I’m guessing I will feel that Howell’s leadership energy is also VERY high. So far, I’ve only seen him on the football field, and if you’re making “Stafford-type” mistakes, I love that. Those come fro having the balls to go for it. Those type of mistakes are the mistakes of a gunslinger who is doing everythign in his power to make it happen. The energy of attacking vs the energy of giving up. Id rather coach the assassin that’s making attacking mistakes than the softer mistakes, like throwing the ball out of bounds on 4th down.

Stafford made some seriously bad mistakes this past season. It happens to every QB.

Hell Brady has his own meme about forgetting what down it was.

If the guy is liked, it’s forgiven. If he’s hated, it’s reminded about every chance there is.

The way of the world.

1 Like

…and if you play your guts out for your team, you will be more liked.
…and if you give up and make a mistake as a result of “soft energy” it is far less tolerable.

Matt’s mistake come from the energy of attacking, not desperation. HUGE difference between the energy of that and throwing the ball out of bounds on 4th down.