Now it's Devante Adams as well

A time honored ploy in negotiating is to break off negotiations. It’s July. As for Rodgers though, he is just stubborn enough to let the remaining sand in the hourglass of his career sift through his hall of fame fingers.

1 Like

Yep, happens all the time during Mediations.

1 Like

It was never confirmed that Rodgers demanded a trade (Gutekunst denied this), and it was never confirmed that he threatened retirement. Those were both unfounded nonsense rumors, just like the rumor that he was going to be traded on draft night. You are aware Schefter admitted he had no source for his draft day report, right?

Even if he did though, what does it matter to GB of we get what we want anyway? We wanted him to play this season and we would trade him after. Were going to get that. So what does it matter to us?

That’s not true. You realize the Packers were Love’s main draft projection? Literally, he was projected to GB more then any other team, and we had transparent interest in him.

But again, what does it matter? Our only perceived weaknesses were run D and passing O, both of which we proved wrong. We didnt have many holes we needed to fill, so we took a high upside QB successor. That’s a way better pick then reaching on a WR we didnt need.

Gutekunst could have taken a QB for the sake of taking a QB any year lol. Why would he do that in his third draft, a game away from the SB? Seems odd timing to just draft a QB for the sake of drafting a QB.

More likely, it’s exactly what Gutekunst said. We adored Love, and he ended up being our last 1st round grade on the board.

1 Like

“While Love has intriguing athleticism for the position (74 athleticism score, with a 4.74 40-yard dash at 224 pounds), his overall draft score of 60 would be worse than every quarterback taken in the first round of the draft since 2003, with the exception of Rex Grossman (53), who went 22nd overall in 2003.” - Mike Band, NFL.com

That’s because his ‘overall draft score’ is based off of his junior season, as opposed to his sophomore season.

Love ran a 4.65, 4.66, and 4.71 at the combine btw.

Wait- you’re a Packers fan on our Lions forum…NOW this makes sense…

2 Likes

Also Jordan Love is cross-eyed and struggled with the depth perception charts at the combine. His peripheral vision score, measuring breadth of vision from the alternate focus (eye chart placed to the side opposite to the subject’s focus) was the worst among the testing pool (only QBs are tested for this). Practically speaking these tests are meant to measure perception abilities for out of focus motion, such as when a QB stares down a MLB while actually reading the pre snap movements of the corners.
Add to that question mark, his passing tree in college was limited. One drafting service had his alternate target completion rate at under 10%. There was very little demonstrated field vision in his body of work. NFL clipboard squads are littered with high athletic picks having lousy processors. That’s where I have JL.

6 Likes

I didn’t know any of this even existed. Thank you.

Please…sweet, tiny, baby, Jesus…Please let this be true.

1 Like

That is some serious insight. :laughing:

Seriously though, I’d love to read a link on these tests or even on Love’s.

We actually teach this fact/concept to student we train in motorcycles…. Only 3% of ones overall vision is focus and the other 97% is peripheral…. You have understand how the eyes function, what your brain tells you to see to understanding “how to use your eye in a scanning mode” what you process Thats detailed (focus point) vs peripheral where you can see detailed data to process

Cool stuff!!

2 Likes

Yeah, very eye-opening! LOL

To be honest, I had never in my 49 years had heard the word breadth before.
Lots of good info, thanks for sharing!

2 Likes
3 Likes