Now it's Devante Adams as well

Bingo. The conundrum in GB reminds me generally speaking of Bob Quinn and Marty Patty’s vain attempts to approximate their uber successful predecessor (Belichick)- with comedically piss poor results.

Ron Wolf (Favre) & Ted Thompson (Rodgers) both acquired Hall of Fame QBs that earmarked their careers running the Packers organization. So why shouldn’t Gutekunst do exactly the same? Whoever he grabbed at QB would probably become a Hall of Famer too, right?!

There are similarities between Gutekunst’s train wreck in GB right now and our failure in Detroit to recognize what many of us saw clearly (importing the Patriot Way has never worked).

Quinntricia seemed to believe, “Hey, Belichick was an @sshole. If we’re @ssholes to our players like Bill was, we’ll probably get the results he got.”

A similar frame of mind seems to have at least subconsciously compelled Gutekunst to swing for the fences with his version of a Ted Thompsonesque acquisition of Green Bay’s next great QB. “If I take a QB in the 1st round, even though we have a Hall of Fame QB under contract, my guy will probably turn out to make me look like a genius- just like Ted!”

2 Likes

Rodgers might retire, contract negotiations with Adams are off, Za’Darius Smith wants a realtor…

7 Likes

After four hours: ER or bust!!

2 Likes

I’d consider trading the Rams 2023 first rounder for Adams! Goff would love a legit #1 WR. He’s only 28 years old. But, we are rebuilding so I’m just dreamin. lol

1 Like

Todd Packer Way?

2 Likes

Best case scenario:

GB trades Devante to Detroit for LA’s 2022 1st round pick.
A. We have Devante
B. Everyone roots for Stafford to win a championship this year.

1 Like

I’d support that trade, but the Lions with Adams might just beat Stafford in the playoffs :slight_smile:

Of course we are just dreaming! lol

But Adams, Hock and Swift would be quite the trio of weapons for Mr. Goff!

Rodgers goes. Adams goes. Smith goes.

GB craters

GB takes the next Reggie AND Charles Rogers in 2022 1st rd.

Jordan Love is the next Mike McMahon.

Lambeau is found to have toxic mold everywhere and has to be imploded.

wayne's world GIF by Hollywood Suite

3 Likes

GIF by Another Period

1 Like

How will I ever go on with my day? :joy:

1 Like

Jordan Love is the next Andre Ware.

I’m not with you on lambeau field though. I hate seeing the old stadiums torn down for new shiny arenas with no character. It still pains me the tigers don’t play at tiger stadium. All that history…

4 Likes

I thought about that after posting. The swag that Adams would instantly bring to the offense could be enough to push this team into a higher tier, one where maybe rooting for LA isn’t a slam dunk post-trade.

1 Like

Would do in a second. Adams is on another level & will be productive into his 30’s. One of few receivers with an all around game

1 Like

With our Oline… hell yeah. I think Pack would look to ship him out of division even moreso than Rodgers. We won’t know for a while but interesting how the favre situation impacts GB’s view on A-Rod

How is this a conundrum until Rodgers sits out? If Rodgers plays 2021, this is a bunch of nonsense lol. Adam’s contract negotiations have nothing to do with Rodgers, his issue is we are refusing to make him the highest paid WR.

How do you know taking Love didnt work out? Because it pissed off the guy he (Love) is to replace? That seems odd reasoning to me.

You, really think Gutekunst took a QB just to take a QB in the 1st round? Um… why? What makes you assume that was his reasoning?

Its like you think Gutekunst isnt allowed to take QB in the 1st round, elsewise it’s just an imitation of Ted Thompson.

The Packer way is what acquired those QBs in the first place.

1 Like

Ah, the Packers aren’t happy. Breaks my heart.

Rodgers is the leader, he shows everyone how to act like egotistical asshats or just plain old children not getting what they ‘want’.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’ll be a big deal this year, but I could damn sure see it crumbling next year.

I hope we shred them at full strength this year, then they collapse next year.

2 Likes

Lol. When your HOF QB makes a pre-draft trade demand, then reports surface in July that he’s considering retirement, I’d say it’s safe to call that a “conundrum”- regardless of whether Rodgers ends up playing or not.

By most every account, trading up in the 1st round to select Jordan Love was a bizarre move considering GB was a heavy favorite to make it to the Super Bowl. Virtually everyone with an opinion expressed disbelief at the move, including Aaron Rodgers.

So, reading between the lines, no- I don’t think it’s a stretch at all, absent evidence indicating otherwise, that Gutekunst may have imagined himself following in the footsteps of his predecessors by boldly selecting his own personal future HOF QB.

If Love turns out to be a HOF QB, or even a Pro Bowler, well then I’ll proclaim my own ignorance. Until then, my comment stands.

1 Like