Now We Know Why Dan Campbell Hasn’t Been A Coordinator

So Our QB had a better completion percentage than Baker…. But this was in his first ever start …… and both Goff and Broyles had te same “output” yard per attempts which leans towards their respective common denominator- the WR……

And we are balking with the running game like never before…. Swift has eclipsed 250 in just two game with a stacked box….

For the needing to complain to complain…. Please…

Free hugs here!! :crazy_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::heart::pray:

Boyle threw 23 passes… and 17 of them were caught.
Only 6 passes hit the turf.

Lions players caught 15 of them… and Browns caught 2 of them… but he does throw a catchable ball. :wink:

2 Likes

It sucks we are winless: but perspective is warranted imho

3 Likes

Agree with the plan and pretty much the whole post!

Nagy however… is gonna need a lot more than a win on Thursday to keep his job!

Hope he keeps the shades in his office open…

Kids In The Hall Comedy GIF by CBC

1 Like

I think it’s more than that but I digress because it doesn’t matter.

Fact is the roster isn’t as bad as some fans want to claim it is. I think with good coaching this team could win 4-5 games or more.

I blame the coaching for this team being winless.

I blame Holmes for this team being uncompetitive.

I really believe with a few right roster moves this team could have been competitive this season.

One example - take one of the many trade down offers we had and drafted Parsons.

Parsons plus draft picks > Sewell.

People wanted Caldwell gone because of his game management. I hate to tell fans but Campbell is worse in that dept.

3 Likes

I agree - Analytics can never take into account personnel. Nor does it take into account a lot of other variables. It’s a tool not an absolute.

I’d argue that any analysis that comes to the conclusion that the Lions trying for a FG as their best chance to win is flawed. Our kicking game sucks and can’t be counted on.

I’d also argue that any analysis that comes to the conclusion that counting on our defense to make a stop is also flawed. We lost multiple games this year because our defense has failed to make the necessary stop. In fact we haven’t won a single game all year because they haven’t been able to make the stop. Mm

We’re winless…… I think it’s very easy to argue against your analysis. The proof is in the results.

2 Likes

boyles pass over the middle (into double coverage) was a really good pass. great zip, and very accurate. the WR did him no favors at all either in trying to catch it or bat it away. should have been a completion imo.

he does have a live arm. better than goff. but all the qbs are suffering from WRs that can’t seem to get away from anyone, except maybe raymond that dude isn’t used enough.

1 Like

There’s nothing to disagree with. Literally nobody would disagree with the above statement. Nor was that in question. This started by me saying the analytics did not support Dan’s 4th down decision. Which is a factually correct statement. Math is not an opinion. Phunny tried responding by saying the analytics did support the decision, so I showed how it did not and gave the link. Then the field goal posts were moved to this “analytics is not an absolute” - which is silly as even the most extreme supporters of analytics would take that as a given. I then gave all the specific circumstancal reasons why I think going for it on 4th down was the right move in addition to the 4% increase in chance of winning.

Requiring 3 separate field goals with a new kicker in sloppy conditions to get a win was a big reason for my criticism. It was asking a lot of a bad kicking game and tired defense with a history of failing at the end of games. And given we lost, I think that proved a worthy conclusion.

Just showing my initial comment. Then Wes created the definition of a straw man argument by bringing up “blindly following analytics.” I tried respectfully pointing this out and he told me to “stop taking things so personal.” Then proceeded to be condescending. This board has lost a number of intelligent poster over the years because you have admins/regulars with this type of behavior.

Anyway, here’s hoping the Lions can get a win on Thursday despite Coach Campbell’s game day management

There have been additional comments to you regarding this analytic focus you have and the shortcomings of your comments which you choose to ignore.

Ironic as it proves the point of analytics are great but they don’t tell the whole story, just a part of the bigger picture.

2 Likes

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

1 Like

Feel free to share an example. Happy to respond to that. I haven’t purposefully chosen to ignore anything except nonsensical straw man arguments. If I missed something, hit it here and I’ll respond.

I do find it interesting that if you use one, literally one, example of analytics supporting an individual decision (among a sea of circumstantial evidence given as well) on this board you get branded as having “an analytic focus.” It’s not that new guys, or intimidating, occasionally looking at mathematics as a tool isn’t going to hurt your manhood or shrink your wiener. Analytical focus :joy:

I am a little alarmed.

The lions wont throw downfield and wont try any 50/50 balls down the sideline

My only hope is DC said this is not how things are gonna be longterm but they are now because it’s the right way to do it right now…

So…still have hope. Still…lions cant find a corner with poor ball skills on the opposition and throw it up to who he is covering??

I mean…who cares if it is an INT at this point because you obviously want the 1st pick anyways.

1 Like

It’s in the thread.

Ah here we go with the straw man. “Proves the point” that analytics don’t tell the whole story. What person has said or insinuated that? You guys are just taking turns regurgitating this straw man and patting each other on the back about it.

Please educate yourself on this logical fallacy. Because you guys can’t stop using it repeatedly and thinking you’re smart because of it.

As I said, I responded to everything that wasn’t straw man. You don’t understand that concept tho so I can’t help you on that part. Feel free to post what You think you want me to respond too and I will.

Thanks for telling me what I don’t understand. LOL
Majority here understand what you are missing, granted for you it’s all a strawman. Ignorance is bliss.

1 Like

[quote=“Luke, post:68, topic:12809, full:true”]
occasionally looking at mathematics[/b] as a tool isn’t going to hurt your manhood or shrink your wiener. Analytical focus :joy:
[/quote][b]

I be happy to look at the data.

Could you provide a link to the data gathered in games played by backup QBs???

I’m really most interested in the games that feature a QB starting his 1st NFL game… on the road… in the rain.

Thanks!

2 Likes

LOL.
But but analytics say this, whoops, let me get that vacuum running in the background.