Now We Know Why Dan Campbell Hasn’t Been A Coordinator

They did do it. The defender caught the pass.

There is a chemistry between 1 QB and 1 WR, and that is Blough to Kennedy. They are both on the 53. No other QB has developed anything with any other receiver.

Put them in the lineup and see what happens.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with this.

If the guy in there can’t get it done then next man up.

At least try to be an NFL caliber team.

Don’t do that. That’s a lazy take and you are better then that. Truth is you have never been in favor of this regime. There are very legitimate reasons why people support this regime. And honestly, the points you have made in this thread don’t add up to the take of being out in this regime. Are there concerns? Yes, but your expectations for this year are completely unrealistic. This wasn’t going to be a 6-7 win football team. Holmes didn’t allocate anything to wr really and that was a mistake when it came to evaluating Goff, but there are so many holes with this roster you can understand why he went a different route. Solidify the trenches. Solidify a horrible interior DL. MCDC is fine, room for improvement? 100%. But he is exactly the kind of leader you want leading a team from how he handled the Jamie Collins situation to how he has been dealing with A Lynn. Lynn has been an issue all year and the press is just now figuring it out. He has the respect of the coaches and the players that matter.

It’s not a lazy take it’s the truth.

Talk about a lazy take.

This is not true at all and it’s far from the truth. But when someone speaks ill of the HC than they must hate him?

The guy hasn’t won a game yet. He deserves criticism for his mistakes and he has had many. I don’t have a problem with him as a person or him as a HC. I have a problem with losing and his poor coaching decisions that cost us games.

My immediate expectations are to win a damn football game. I don’t think that is very unrealistic. Personally I think this is also a lazy take. It’s not hard to turn a team around. In order to be this bad you have to stink on all levels including coaching.

[quote=“Air2theThrown, post:91, topic:12809”]
He called a run play on 3-14.

you prefer the 7 yard bomb, the guy that’s busted a couple of them for long gains, or the interception. :wink:

So are we pretending we have an NFL caliber QB now?

A whole lot…yes. Are we to assume it’s the coach, or is our team so ■■■■■■ up that our best option is to run?

Truth is usually in the middle, bro. I get your plight. I don’t have the emotional investment you do, but I get it (also, I used to).

It’s not the truth, you can think it is but it’s not. It’s a lazy take. Your opinion is just an opinion.

Air, people have been saying for months before the season this was not a good football team and at most a 3-4 win team. I’m not at all the shocked at this record. I expected this. It’s a rebuild. Adjust your expectations.

A lot of people could benefit from this wisdom - not directed at any specific human, just a general observation.

Black and white thinking creates conflict…sure is great formula for creating a vehicle to throw displaced anger around though.

1 Like

I was predicting 6-8 wins. :wink:
I’m standing behind it! LOL

1 Like

Agreed. To be in this toilet bowl of a situation and still hve the guys fighting as hard as they are is a borderline miracle. Dan will be successful here. If he can get a decent QB, we’ll eventually be a deep playoff team.

You want to put a 100 on it? I will spot you 4 wins. lol

1 Like

LOL
I would, but I just don’t gamble

Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN

From my end I wouldn’t call it gambling. lol

1 Like

I’m 100% with ya. You know I’m kidding. Holy shit, I didn’t see this coming.

I predicted 2 wins because of the young secondary and shitty receivers. I didn’t think they were actually going to be this bad in the passing game.

1 Like

My worst fantasy didn’t have Goff playing this poorly under ANY circumstances.

I prefer we at least try to be an NFL caliber team. You can’t improve in those situations if you don’t try. To tuck our tails and say oh well we suck so let’s do what we suck the least at is not a recipe for success.

He’s been in the league since 2018. If he can’t make a 14 yard pass he wouldn’t have lasted that long. We have to try an improve and get better for next week and the week after. If you don’t allow him to make plays and learn from his mistakes then your conceding to failure.

Honestly how hard is it to toss a 14 yard lay up to Hockenson. Even you could do that.

It’s real simple for me. DC picked this guy to be his backup QB. If he didn’t have confidence in him then he shouldn’t have chose him to be his backup. Either way it falls on Dan.

I’m not emotionally invested at all. In all my years as a Lions fan and as a season ticket holder, this year I have the least amount of investment into the Lions. I’ve never been less invested. Life’s been rather busy for me and to be honest I could care less.

I have no problem calling things like I see them. This shit show falls directly on DC’s shoulders. No excuses.

2 Likes

Your making excuses for a winless season and at the first sign of someone criticizing the staff you call that take lazy?

Think about that for a second. Your always one of the more optimistic fans. I used to be like you too. But there’s no excuse for being winless and making poor choices.

Look it’s really simple. The proof is in the results.

I honestly don’t know how anyone can defend a coach on a zero win team.

Just because expectations were low it doesn’t mean we should accept poor choices, and game management mistakes. It doesn’t mean we should except a team that continues to lose close games.

You realize just how bad a team has to be to be winless by November?

The coach doesn’t get a free pass because expectations are low.

1 Like

Did the Ravens need a 67 yard fg to beat the Lions at the end of regulation? Did Goff throw a pick in the final minutes of a single score game against the Rams? Did we not take the steelrs to OT and lose on the leg of our backup kicker who is no longer the team? Did we not just take the browns to the final minutes of the game 13-10? There is your competitive football. I really don’t see why this is such an issue. BQ and MP were trash and we all wanted them gone. They mismanaged the roster for 3 years and we bring in a first time young head coach who is a leader of men and a young young coaching staff full of potential. The defense is over-perfomring given its obvious short comings. Get some pass rush in here and we might actually have something on that side of the ball. You sit here and complain about Holmes and who he didn’t get but what about Jacobs and Parker who are playing very very well. What about Barnes and Sewell? This offense is limited MCDC takes over and our running game productions doubles and swift has back to back excellent games. If you are expecting more out of Boyles then your expectations need to be adjusted. If you are expecting Goff to perform at a high level given his limitations and the need for a full team around him, then again adjust your expectations. It is a rebuild. Not everything gets fixed over night. We need high picks to fix this. MCDC will be here for years. They gambled that they could resurrect Goff’s career, it looks like they have lost that bet. They didn’t do him any favors by not addressing WR and i said from day 1 that Tyrell Williams was a 3rd string Wr at best being put into a 1st string situation. This regime isn’t perfect and they have made mistakes but the are improving and this team will be better for it over time. You wanna blame coaching blame Lynn. He is more at fault then MCDC. MCDC is taking care of the Lynn issue by taking over playcalling and he kept it in house and didn’t embarress Lynn in the process. The issue has been there all season and people are just now picking up on it in the media. That’s leadership.

That’s the one positive I have for Dan.

The team laid down on him vs Cincy and Philly. The last two home games were incredibly hard to watch. But the team rebounded. I give Dan credit for holding it together.

Hopefully he can pull off a win this week so the season isn’t a total embarrassment.

That’s why he should have called a more aggressive game. So the team can improve and keep defenses honest. Which gives us a better chance to win each week.

I’m not convinced of this. He has a lot of learning to do. He’s making a lot of mistakes as a HC.

Will he fail or succeed?..… who knows but I can say with certainty that if he doesn’t change his approach that he will fail as a HC.

In my opinion the outlook doesn’t look very promising.