OC - Anthony Lynn nearing agreement

Dan Fouts says hold my beer

My gut doesn’t lie :wink:

1 Like

LOLWUT?

Outstanding hire.

2 Likes

I’m talking whiz kid guys, but with the Stafford news, this is fine for me.

I can see 23 names on that screenshot and none of them are Detroit. Its sad on its own, but even more sad when we consider that it has been the norm around here.

If we play well he’ll get another HC gig. Which means … extra magic beans!!!

1 Like

Uh, guessing not.

green beans art GIF by Evan Hilton

2 Likes

gus sorola money GIF by Rooster Teeth

1 Like

#1 in the NFL in Offensive Plays. That means they play just a little bit faster than us… Too bad Stafford wouldn’t stay for it. It’s where he’s best.

Here are some stats which can lead to some insight. Once you bring up the page, filter by Plays. LAC ranks #1 so it brings them to the top so it’s easier to read. In comparing his offense to Bevell’s in most categories, Lynn’s offense was superior. In many categories, significantly so.

Just noticed that Lynn was the RB coach in Dallas from 05-06 and MCD was a TE there from 03-05. So there were on the same Dallas squad as player/coach for one season in 05. Enough to get to know a guy.

https://www.lineups.com/nfl-team-rankings

2 Likes

Playing fast is great for the offense but hurts the defense. Its a balancing act.

Playing faster also allows you to bite more knee caps.

Hey can someone with photoshop skills get us a Dan Campbell knee cannibal meme to pass around? @Cynodon, can you help with that?

1 Like

Right. The plan is to run them out of the gym in the first three quarters, and then run the ball in the 4th. LAC was 10th in rush attempts. So I think there was some run to go with the gun.

1 Like

I think this means Najee Harris is in play if he makes it to 41. And though I know I’m in the minority here, bring it on.

1 Like
2 Likes

I personally think that Harris is a no brainer in the 2nd round. However, the RB position has been devalued to the point where putting a perfectly good player at the position on the field with the use of a 2nd round pick is suddenly considered a reach.

The RB position is still very valuable, it just happens to be devalued. The fact that its devalued just means that its so easy to get talent at the position that if you don’t…it means you suck or you are not even trying.

1 Like

If it happens play Harris and Swift at the same
time. Talk about matchup nightmares.

1 Like

Lynn played Gordon and Ekler at the same time…

1 Like

I love this hire. Both coordinators look like awesome hires!

2 Likes