Official fire MCDC thread

I see a coach who is in over his head.

I see a coach who has lost the team along the way.

I see a team that is not giving 100%.

I see a team that has quit on its coach.

A competent coach can win some games with this roster.

Campbell looks lost to me.

Bring back Caldwell.

3 Likes

I see a coach who has a team nobody could win with.
Maybe the Lions should make a run at Jim Harbaugh?
Bet he wouldn’t take the job.

Way too soon for this kind of thinking. Lions were picked to be dead last or close to it before the season started and we had all these season ending injuries. The salary cap mess and these bad contracts still need to be addressed.

If I gave you 2 rubber bands some chewing gum and some pocket link and told you to build a car fastest enough to beat all the other cars it’s not likely going to go well. Then one of the two rubber bands that you were counting on snaps in half. Things are likely going get worse.

Quintricia got 3 years to turn a playoff team into trash. It seems only fair to give the next guy up 3 years to bring it back.

2 Likes

Joe Brady is going to be a superstar NFL head coach one day.

I hope the new ownership has the guts to move on from a bad coach after year one and maybe this time interview him.

His offense is my favorite I’ve ever seen too.

If you guys only knew how much heat Brady is catching amongst Panthers fans, and how “not ready” to be a HC Brady is.

5 Likes

I understand all of that, but how good was Sam Darnold supposed to be for them? He sucks. He’s their problem at the moment. Bridgewater is better than Darnold, and they actually made a downgrade.

Maybe this is actually good. It’s more likely we’d get rid of Campbell after next season than this one, so maybe he’ll be more “ready” then? I still think it’s a good idea. You win in this league by taking risks like that.

Brady’s still figuring out the NFL OC thing. He’s not ready for a HC gig, by a country mile. I know you don’t watch the games. But if you look at some of the things Bridgewater has said and compare it to other NFL teams and successful coordinators…there is some damning information in there.

But THEN we need to fire him and get a real coach when we have all those high draft picks

Well I was told when we hired Campbell that you didn’t have to be a great coordinator or a coordinator at all to be a head coach.

Who knows how much that’s affecting anything.

For all the people saying it’s because of the roster and not coaching - the Jets roster is atrocious and they won today with a QB off the street.

The roster is indeed horrible, and the coaching is also horrible. Both things are true.

2 Likes

Brady doesn’t quite understand NFL football enough, that’s what I’m saying. Caldwell wasn’t an X and O guy, but he understood football and how things worked in the NFL. Brady isn’t there yet. He’s still learning.

1 Like

Ok, that makes sense I guess.

So here’s what you do…

HC: Brady
DC: Glenn
OC: Caldwell (insert grinch gif)
ST: Coombs

MCDC still has my support for head coach. I still think he’s going to be a good one.

10 Likes

I see a bad team that is the result of 6 decades of bad ownership. The prized T-day game is going to be in front of a empty house. Hopefully panic sets in and the league brings heat on Shiela’s ass.

You got lot of faith to believe this based on nothing more than corny press conferences. Because nothing we have seen in the games would lead you to think that and his team has quit on him after 8 ganes

Welp, IMO, this thread just shows how stupid some people really are. 15 players on IR at this stage isn’t a good sign when you started with a poor roster to begin with. You really should be blaming the last regime who left the cupboard empty.

5 Likes

You’d have to be a rocket scientist or something like that to get 5 wins out of this team.

2 Likes

So right. His post game presser when he slammed his head on the mic. All of you need to watch this @ 6 min 50 seconds. This dude is in way over his head.

3 Likes

Are people really stupid to not have faith in this organization? There is always a new staff and it’s the last staffs fault.

1 Like

If we’re being 100% transparent, I held out hope for Millen longer than most . . . I kept hoping he’d build a team in HIS image. Never happened.

Today was horrible performance by the team, if they play like that again, I’ll concede that he’s lost the team, but before today, they played hard, despite their lack of talent.

49% of this years cap space is being used by players that weren’t on the field against the Eagles.

3 Likes