**Official Rams vs Seahawks TNF Thread**

Question, how does Stafford do after a stinker loss?

He wasn’t the primary reason the Rams lost to the Cardinals but he certainly was off.

How does Stafford typically do after a game he was off? Does he light the world on fire? Does he ever hit 2,3,4 game slumps?

1 Like

Let’s go Seahawks!!!

Should be a good game.

1 Like

Hard to answer this until we see him with the Rams. Not really fair to compare Stafford in Detroit vs. Stafford in LA imo. So many variables.

3 Likes

Yep. I hope sneaky Pete clowns the Rams.

Down with the Rams!

1 Like

This is all new territory for Stafford, I don’t think there are really historical trends that are applicable.

I suspect this will be a pretty good game.

edit: @radiofriendly types faster than I do.

2 Likes

I do realize its a good thing when the Rams lose as it gives us a higher pick, but I can’t help but root for Stafford. That guy endured a lot for this franchise and never complained and wlays came to work. Sure he wasn’t the best QB in the league, but he was certainly the best QB we have ever had. Plus how can you not like Aaron Donald either. The guy is an absolute monster and may go down as the best defensive player in NFL history, yet you never hear him run his mouth. He just works hard and goes about and handles his business. I hope he and Stafford get a ring. Obviously would be better for us if that didn’t happen in the next two years.

2 Likes

My bets are hedged here. Stafford is my fantasy QB1. But I’d rather they went down in flames along with my fantasy team and the Lions have a higher pick. Ideally Stafford does well, but they lose. And lose and lose.

1 Like

Could happen, their defense has some serious question marks under new leadership at DC.

My guess is against very dynamic and multiple teams (seahawks have weapons but not as much as cardinals), they will struggle but against teams with only 1-2 playmakers they will dominate.

1 Like

As I’ve said before, I will be rooting for a Rams meltdown this year until they clinch a playoff spot. After that I will start rooting for Stafford. It will be the same way next year as well.

2 Likes

Agree with all of this.

I think the media is a bit less enamored with Stafford if they lose this game. Most in the media seemed to have the Rams going undefeated after their quick start.

I predicted prior to the season that the Rams weren’t even going to win their division. That means Stafford might be playing in the road in the wildcard round. A 1st round playoff loss would be a disaster for the Rams.

1 Like

For sure, they gave up 40 last week to the Cards.

I got torched on this board in the offseason when I suggested the Lions should consider Staley as Head Coach. So far, he looks like a terrific hire for the Chargers and the Rams miss him a lot.

2 Likes

That division is the best in the nfl IMO, just like the AL East in baseball 4 really good teams.

In some ways Stafford has to be shaking his head, he left a division with Aaron Rodgers and joined a new division with Wilson, Murray and Shanahan. Divisional games are going to decide who makes the playoffs. Huge game tonite.

1 Like

Lions lose most games, in the past. Matt personally doesn’t carry bad games forward w/him.
It doesn’t seem to impact him in either a positive or negative way, by my best estimate.

My belief is generally, It’s never as good as it looks, when you do well, and it’s rarely as bad as it looks when you do bad. He had a bad pick deep to a short receiver. You don’t trust a short WR in that scenario, on a 50/50 deep ball. There were some bad plays by him. Also, there were a few drops (2 big ones).

Yup! All of that!

Yes to all of this. If I trusted that Matt would stay healthy for another 5+ years, I’d root for them to lose for 2 years. I am a fan of him as a player, and as a human. My inner fan feels exactly the way you do. I’d love it if we could knock them out of the NFC Conference Championship game every year. LOL

I like Staley a LOT as well. They are a dark horse AFC team for sure

1 Like

I have to say I love the “McYay” references.

Skip is predicting that Stafford may shrink tonight in the big spotlight. Shannon predicting he will bounce back.

Skip paints the picture that Goff rose to the challenge in the playoffs despite a pin in his thumb.

1 Like

Bayless has an appropriate first name. When I see it or hear it, I know I can do just that to whatever comes out of his mouth.

1 Like

Stafford performs well in prime time. If he’s mic’d up, he’ll do even better. Sometimes when he starts a little cold, all it takes is a good sack/hit to loosen him up. I wouldn’t say that there is a pattern of rebounding. You might say there’s a pattern of slumping, but that usually correlates to injuries to him or the rest of the team being overmatched.

1 Like

Go 'Hawks!

Gotta love the huge media suckfest for Stafford and the Rams tonight.

2 Likes