Okay, let's have a QB debate; Goff vs Allen šŸ˜†

Goff did more with less on the Rams.
And, his stats for 2022 are better.

3 Likes

I think that if your opinion is that Jared Goff is a better QB than Josh Allen you are in the extreme minority on that view. It may be why you arenā€™t getting more responses.

8 Likes

Iā€™ll biteā€¦

No, there isnā€™t a world that exists where I take Goff over Allen.

And if the Bills called Brad right now and said ā€œGoff for Allen, straight upā€ theyā€™d have Allenā€™s jersey available on the website before he hung up the phone.

8 Likes

Lols thereā€™s no debate Jared Goff by a wide margin. This is a Lions Board.

2 Likes

Allen can run way better. But goff has taken a team to the SB.

3 Likes

I want to add that Iā€™m already on record as being enamored with Jared after his performance last season.

But if Allen has a defense last season, he wins a Super Bowl. Heā€™s a generational talent.

5 Likes

Just for fun: Goff went to a Superbowl at 24. Allen is 26 and hasnā€™t been to one yet.

6 Likes

If Goff has a defense in September and October, you could say the same about him. No?
Allen doesnā€™t seem to be able to get it done in the playoffs. Heā€™s 0-1 in the Conference finals. Never sniffed a Super Bowl.
And, Goffā€™s '22 stats are better.
What makes Allen better?

7 Likes

Allen is clearly a better QB right now because of the dual threat combo, however Allen takes a lot of hits in the running game and has no idea how to slide. That shit will catch up to him at some point. Goff is a pocket passer and is 28 years old. Allen is 26, I wouldnā€™t be shocked Goff has a lot longer career based on how different the 2 guys play.

Goffā€™s passer rating was better, sure. But Allen had almost 800 yards rushing. Allen had 42 TDā€™s passing and rushing combined. Thatā€™s elite production and he did it in only 16 games.

9 Likes

Brad Holmes would be like

4 Likes

I knew it was going to come down to his legs.
Who was the last running QB to win a Super Bowl?

3 Likes

Heā€™s not a running QB though, he passed for 4200 yards and 35 TDā€™s. He does both brother!

Mahomes would be the last guy to win it who plays similar to Allen.

6 Likes

In isolation Iā€™d take Allen 10 times out of 10

With this Lions team right now I donā€™t think I trade. And thatā€™s probably crazy but I like what Goff, Johnson crew are cooking up together and I want to see what next year holds

4 Likes

Goff got traded for turning the ball over too muchā€¦

now Allen turns the ball over more than Goffā€¦

Amused Jeff Goldblum GIF

4 Likes

Do you watch the games or just look at stats ?

2 Likes

No doubt about that, but, Iā€™m not alone in my reasoning, as you can see.
I think they are very comparable. Some folks (especially in the media) are enamored with flash. Allen has flash for miles. I totally concede that.
Goffā€™s first 4 years in the league compared to Allen may not have the flash, but, he has the wins.

2 Likes

Wins are not an individual stat though. Many factors go into a straight statistical analysis and it depends on what stats you use to determine if Goff is statistically better. PFF has him as the best QB in the NFL.

Iā€™m glad we are excited about Jared Goff, but lets not get nuts lol. Some people are seriously drunk on blue Koolaid.

Also, and at the same time, I hope all you mental patients are right on this one!! :joy:

6 Likes

Hell yea!!!

4 Likes

Animated GIF

2 Likes

I havenā€™t gotten crazy, yet.:laughing:
Thereā€™s a guy with 7 rings that is even less mobile than Goff.

2 Likes