On the pass to Chark, who messed up?

• Goff missed on the throw!
  • Chark looked the wrong way!

0 voters

Did Goff throw to the wrong shoulder or did Chark look the wrong way?
Let me know.

Both Is Good The Road To El Dorado GIF

4 Likes

I choose option C.

Goff made the wrong read and missed Shane Zylstra wide ass open down the seam for the game winner.

7 Likes

Can we add a “poor play call” option?

18 Likes

Goff messed up with the decision in the first place IMO. Then he missed the throw.

2 Likes

Do we know that for certain? I still think the call was a quick toss to ARSB.

1 Like

What if Chark was intended to be a route combo to free up St. underneath? I think it’s decently likely that was the case. Goff panicked under pressure (again) and lofted it down the field to Chark.

3 Likes

Is violent diareaha an option?

2 Likes

If not, then why would Chipotle exist?

2 Likes

If our game manager has a 94 rating vstoo 2 D… and their hall of fame QB has a sun 85 rating against our mash unit…. I call it good?

3 Likes

Qbs always miss players open.

1 Like

I will show this again so you can see that Zylstra wasn’t open until after the ball was thrown.
Didn’t he also drop an easy pass against the Giants?

2 Likes

Was he wide open early enough though.

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1595881027532386305?s=46&t=wc6jLuU_XnagfeMglKFUzw

1 Like

Ah, ok. I only saw the shot of that where there wasn’t anyone within a mile of Zylstra, but not the whole thing.

But St. Brown was open underneath for a 1st.

3 Likes

BTW, If Justin Jackson doesn’t make a helluva play to break up an INT then there is no debate as to Goff’s role in the loss.

Given his lack of athleticism Goff needs to be accurate at all levels and a high level processor/decision maker.

I totally get that I likely have to watch him for one more year. Not crazy about it but that’s
Likely how the cookie will crumble given the dearth of good options.

3 Likes

ARSB was really the only open option. It would be interesting to know if he was the hot guy or not.
I feel like we’ve done this a few times now on short yardage plays with the game on the line.
Is Goff trying to be the alpha dog and throwing the game winner or is that how Ben is drawing these plays up?

1 Like

I would have liked that play better if Raymond was running a comeback and was read two. St. And then look left. But only having one high percentage throw available when you know the Bills will blitz seems less than desirable.

1 Like

Goff has had a number of terrible picks the last few weeks that have broken his way like Jackson’s play or the defense dropping it or penalty negating it.

1 Like

They both messed up.

Goffs ball placement wasnt good but he gave his reciever a chance to make a play instead of over throwing the pass. Charks route wasnt very good at the end of the play and should have looked for the ball sooner.

That’s a play I see Kupp make often even when the pass location isn’t great. Good recievers just know how to make plays on the ball.

6 Likes

ASRB not only gets the 1st down but probably gets another 10 yards.

That said, how are we not talking about how Johnson called a play on 3rd and short with 2 routes that send receivers over 20 yards downfield, 1 route that goes past 10 yards, and only ONE option up close? That’s absurd.

That’s a horrible playcall. Goff made the mistake, but he was set up for failure by his OC.

7 Likes