Onwuzurike To IR

Ive got a bare root dogwood ive had for about 3 years thats doing pretty good. Couple others that are hanging on, but yeah, my success rate isnt great.

Yall need to be optimistic. This is a sign of progress!

Okudah. 1.3. 2 lost years due to injury

Levi 2.41 2 lost years due to injury

Paschal 2.46 Working on it…

The pick we screw up keep getting later and later!

back to the future GIF

2 Likes

We have a dogwood that was about 5 yrs old, twin with another on the other sidenof the landscaping.
Wind storm last year snapped both branches at the root.

Doing great this year, already 18 inches high.

Twin is 7 feet, so, looks funny. Give your a couple years and it will take off.

Was he injured when they drafted him?

Yeah. These are Brad Holmes early round mistakes. He’s chosen a couple guys in the 2nd round who literally can’t play.

1 Like

We could say that about any player taken after the #1 OA selection.

There was a reason they weren’t first….

I’m not saying things will workout for him, because who knows at this point. However, I see a lot of similarities between Okudah and Levi. Both were drafted injured, played their first season injured and essentially in a similar situation with Okudah being out for his second season and Levi missing at least the beginning (hopefully he comes back healthy). However, Okudah seems to be getting tons of support on the board, and Levi is being written off as done. I don’t get the wide discrepancy in treatment. Yes, Okudah is a likeable character to root for, but so is Levi in my opinion. I get Okudah’s was an acute injury and Levi’s is a chronic injury, but he was feeling pretty good during camp. Maybe that alone is the reason, but I like to think there is still hope with him being able to get to a good spot during training season. I’m still pulling for the kid.

3 Likes

He said “AVAILABILITY IS THE BEST ABILITY!! ……PRAYING FOR JAMO”

1 Like

Just shut him down for the year and sign MBrown. Levi is a sunk cost. Cut/waive/release whenever it’s beneficial for the lions. Hold this L Brad… can’t win them all. just move on.

I didn’t think I would have to explain that injured players invariably drop. They drop because the risk is high, not because of their talent before the injury. Look at Jake Butt.

Jake Butt tore the same ACL twice… BEFORE he was drafted… and then tore it for a 3rd time less than 2 years later.

Pretty extreme example.

Okudah was hurt? Oh I guess he pulled a hammy or whatever at the combine.

Then look at every other injured player.

Jake Butt was a 1st/2nd round guy who dropped to the 4th because of injury. The point isn’t that he dropped, but that he never recovered - which explains why he was devalued. Some guys never get back to where they were. If they all did, they wouldn’t fall in the draft.

The Lions gamble on a lot of injured players. So far, their gambles have been pretty terrible.

I used to think that Malcom Brown was a bad ass , now? he doesn’t begin to impress me. now, he’s more of a name. I’d rather wait and get a DT down the road.

1 Like

Another one bites the bust.

Hahaha! Nice one, man!

LOL - can’t draw this shit up. Just referenced that movie in another thread in response to one of your posts.

Als0…Bryant 3.0 is shocking the crap out of me. Feels like he may actually be a player?

2 Likes

Okudah was healthy in college and showed no potential issues. But… that can turn on a dime.

The real issue not weighing injuries well enough. Levi was a 2nd round DT who had a back injury detected at the combine after sitting out for a year. And instead of weighing the risk… and knocking him down a round or 2… we took him high in the second. It was a bad pick the second we made it. Just like Mayhew screwed up with Ryan broyles. It was obvious. No risk it, no biscuit. But you have to properly assign value. It’s like going to an auction and just shouting the top number you can afford.

Levi was able to work out at his pro day… and was still a guy that “dropped” in the draft according to some.

His injury is a concern to me since back injuries can be tricky… but none of the other players have injuries that are concerning for the long-term at this time. Mitchell is back from his ACL, Jamo is on track, and Paschal has a sports hernia… which is a nothing burger for the long-term.

1 Like

He had a core muscle/groin tear since college that got progressively worse during his rookie season, until he was shelved and had surgery to fix it and preventative on the other side, too.

1 Like

Okay. I knew he had a labrum issue earlier in his career. If the groin/core issue was ongoing that probably explains the disconnect between the combine 40 time and some of the MPH #s he put up at times during his college career.

1 Like