Onwuzurike To IR

Okudah was devasted by his injury. He attacked the hell out of his rehab. He counted down the days until he could get back on the field. He competed for the number 2 CB and won. He acted like a warrior.
Levi? I just don’t know. His improvement has been described as very slow. His injury is a little nebulous, and full recovery seems uncertain. In the video you posted, he says his back “always hurts”. I think there’s many reasons for the wide discrepancy that you’ve mentioned.

1 Like

I get this, but there is a huge difference between an injury that has a definitive “you’re healed” date now get out there and one with a “do has much as you can within your pain tolerance” diagnosis. “Nebulous” is probably a very good description. It would be nice to know if it is structural (SI joint is very common chronic), muscular or nerve (sciatic) based. Core strengthening can help immensely with structural and muscular; nerve pain is a different beast. I just wonder how much is on him, and how much is the staff decision to limit/focus on strengthening him in hopes of the long-term. I wonder how much is perception?

1 Like

I see any production out of him as a surprise. I already view the roster as hs spot being a hole in the roster. I would most like to see a “big ugly” that is bigger and uglier than Alim, so Alim can slip into “Levi’s spot,” and we can have an athletic-yet-oversized DL that is crazy aggressive and fantastic against both the run and the pass.

It’d be great if Levi can pull a Bryant, but I’m not even sure what a Bryant is yet.
If Goff Balls out, next year we trade up for the best DT in teh draft…Alim sees single teams, they can’t scheme around Hutch anymore, the Lions win the division and make a nice playoff run, and the rest of the NFL is officially on notice!

If Levi can be part of it, cool. If not, a plan is in place to move forward with our without him.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.