Oregon State RB Jermar Jefferson

I think they both make it. We will keep 4-5 RB’s.

1 Like

We’re running it big time this year. Insurance.

2 Likes

He just called his own school a “low tier college”

Somebody’s ticked they didn’t get drafted earlier.

Hopefully he runs with the anger he displayed in his presser.

2 Likes

I see the elements I liked from Kevin Smith back in 2008. Not as upright but a similar glide. A good block reader. Explosive is small areas.

I agree…he has a real shot at being the #4 RB here.

1 Like

Over who?

I think the Lions keep all four RBs and use Hill as the blocking FB. Bawden probably won’t make it. Cabinda might as occasional FB and ST player.

1 Like

I’m looking for some Beaver friends. Perhaps you could hook me up?

3 Likes

For those who haven’t listened to his presser, as it relates to special teams; he said his RB coach at OS stressed the importance of it. So even though he knew he wasn’t going to be on ST in college, he started going to and went to all ST meetings to take notes and listen because he knew that’s where a lot of RBs start off in the NFL.

That’s a mindset I can 1,000% get behind.

Also even though he was very cordial through most of it, you could tell he was not a happy camper about being passed over so many times. And right at the end he pretty much flat out says as much. His chip is the size of a house.

4 Likes

RB1 Swift
RB2 Williams
3rd Down back - Kerryon
RB3 - Change of Pace back - Jefferson.

Then I suspect we carry one FB to make it 5 total.

2 Likes

is there a link to the presser? I wanna see a pissed off RB talk about ST :wink:

Found him
Hope he can get pissed off and outplay his expectations.
He thought he’d get drafted in the 3rd or 4th round.
Dude feels more hurt than pissed, to me. He’s gonna have to channel that into warrior energy, come training camp. He easily makes the team, barring a whacked out injury, or FA pickup.

3 Likes

He runs pissed off sometimes.

My favorite pick in this draft might be a 7th rounder who was almost mr irrelevant…lol

3 Likes

Daaaaamn. Your favorite? I hope you are right, my bro. I think he’s RB3 at best. I can see him pushing Kerryon off the field (if opposing defenses don’t do it first). Swift is DOPE, and Williams is a really good backup/below average starter, if he were to start. Do you think he could push Williams for reps? If he thought he was getting drafted in the 3rd or 4th, he views himself as an NFL starter or a solid backup/contirbutor.

1 Like

You know Swift was one of my Favorite players in last years draft and my Favorite pick we made. I’m a big fan of Swift and what he brings to the table.

Williams will always be a rotational role player type. He’s a solid player but will never be a RB1.

Jefferson has RB1 potential. There’s some things in his game he has to clean up but he’s good. I can’t believe he fell to round 7. The sky is the limit with him.

I think he eats in to Kerryon’s carries and if Williams becomes our 3rd down back then Jefferson could get a decent amount of carries.

This season I’m not expecting a lot from him but next year I think he will move into the RB2 role and be our Ying to Swifts Yang.

2 Likes

He’s making the roster

I 100% believe that

1 Like

Agreed

Wow - this is what I was wondering about (if you felt that way).
Innnteresting. I am just hoping he’s not baaaarely good enough to keep us from taking a J-will Type.

Honestly … He could be this years James Robinson if he gets the opportunity.

2 Likes

would you say Jermar is or will be better-than Kerryon?

Well hopefully he doesn’t get much opportunity as that would mean that Swift is hurt.
I’d like to see how good his hands are, the one pass TD I saw he was wide-open and it was dropped right into his body. I’m not saying he’s a body catcher, just want to see if he can split-out and catch passes.
Just to add though, he does seem to have some juice.

3 Likes