Orlovsky: Lions could target Stafford heir in 2nd round

Oh, so it’s OK for you to relive this crap feast of yours like Groundhog Day but asking you how to fix it is off limits? Maybe someone who isn’t well versed enough to know the answer is also not well enough versed to know the question.

I mean, all he said was it could happen.

1 Like

True. I’m quite sure he knows more about this stuff than i will ever know…:disappointed:

I might ride on top of a descending atomic bomb while waving my cowboy hat this week too. It could happen.

I can’t believe people get paid to write shallow fluff like this.
With so few picks at their disposal, there was no way they were going to take any QB in the first or second round.
if they had two second and two third round picks…maybe in that scenario.

1 Like

Too much fluoride in their water

1 Like

Slim Pickens does the right thing and rides the bomb to Hell!

3 Likes

Im pretty sure Herschel’s mother was OK with that trade

3 Likes

You’re asking me for specific players I’m not in a position to evaluate. And then when I say someone and they don’t work out, you’re all over me.

One thing I don’t do is draft a TE in the first round, especially in the top 10. There’s no bang for the buck.

No bang? We didn’t take a TE in the first last year, and I sure as hell didn’t see a bang! We’ve taken lots of TE’s all over the damn place, and I haven’t seen a bang.
We need a good TE and he is a PRO ready, once in ten years, prospect. Everybody agrees!
This is the exception.

1 Like

I think that by skipping on Mark Andrews in the 3rd last year and taking Walker they forced themselves into a scenario where taking a TE in the first was all but certain. Get rid of Ebron, OK, let Fells go, OK, don’t replace either one of them with NFL talent, you get what you got. It was a predictable disaster and one that took away Staffords relief valve. So, we just knee jerked a first round pick because we had more than just a hole, we had “holes” to fill at TE. While people will justify the pick, I think that their irresponsibility last year made it a priority and took away from our ability to trade down in a draft deep in TE’s where we could have filled out the other TE spot left open by Fells departure and we would have had extra picks to fill the safety position that we used on Walker last year. This isn’t hind sight, I said it before we played the Jets. People were so happy to let Ebron go that no one wanted to have an honest discussion about what that vacancy would mean. I wanted to keep Ebron if we weren’t going to replace him. Andrews was a Macky award winner, he was there for the taking, and we passed to make sure we got a guy that we heard the Patriots also wanted.

Andrews…552 receiving yards from only 3 starts, Baltimore took Haydn Hurst in the first round so this was from a backup position. He would have been a starter here, and his reception rate was 68%. We got forced into taking Hock, who I like BTW, but I also very much get what we left on the table by not trading down and by not having an NFL TE on the roster last year.

I don’t thing any rookie is pro ready. there are exceptions, but they’re rookies. They’re going to f- up more than do right.

I would have rather had Oliver. If anyone is going to make an immediate impact, it will be him.

I realize we’re strong at DL, but they said that in 2014 and when they lost Fairley, the rotation suffered and the DL could no longer carry the weak offense. I think we see the same thing this year, but I hope I’m wrong. Lots of parallels…