Our future is drafting Trey Lance

Think about it? That’s a slam dunk

QB is NOT thee worst area of this football team, yet everybody is creaming their jeans at getting a QB, Defense is a fucking NIGHTMARE , it has to be thoroughly addressed and our front 7 fixed , we need defensive playmakers that DO concern our opponents.

you get 4-5 of those types for your D , THEN you can worry about RB unit, WR unit, O-line, and a real upgrade from Jesse James @ TE, corner help.

IF your team is hot trash? NO QB is going to fix it…

Before you hang me, yes I want a damn nice QB, but that QB MUST have able/skilled playmakers to get the ball to offensively speaking…that said? Defense is once again a major concern…like it was in 2019.

Gotta love internet tough guys. I am 100% sure you wouldn’t pay up anyway.
And I don’t hate Stafford. I just don’t think he is anything other than an average to below average starter in the NFL. The numbers and the eye test prove that, but believe what you want. 72-84-1, zero playoff wins, zero division titles, 1 pro bowl over 12 years in a time when everyone makes the Pro Bowl. He just needs another 10 years or so to get comfortable.
Enjoy another 4th place finish.

Me too. I think the reason for it is twofold: 1) I vastly underrated his athleticism and 2) Buffalo has constructed an offense meant to highlight his strengths and hide his weaknesses. It’s fine to hit only 1 out of every 2 passes, if the one you do hit is 20+ yards downfield.

It isn’t Stafford can’t , It’s Matt Patricia and Bob Quinn are so inept that they VERY seldom help the team in any way. Stafford and every other players “LOOK” considerably worse because Leadership casts that reflection AND affects OA team play this way. Stafford looks off because dumb and dumber cannot build a defense, cannot run the team correctly, do not have the entire team in shape OR on the same page . our leaders’ game plan stinks to high hell, and is very predictable. Opponents know what we are going to do before we snap the ball… Vitai is a turnstile, and now Stafford has a concussion !!! for ^#%@!! sake.

It’s been 12 years with Stafford and we still suck. It’s not ‘hate’ its boredom. I’m bored of Stafford. If we draft one of the five projected first rounders and move on from Stafford, of course there’s no guarantee we will be better. But at least it will be interesting again

I don’t even really care these days when the Lions lose. It’s time for major change and Stafford is a part of that

you don’t replace good QB’s because your bored if we keep getting jugheads to run this team, who cannot build a defense, a RB unit, a correct o-line , WR unit…the next QB up is going to have the same anchor around his neck that Stafford has had , It’s not going to be “massively” better because you have a brand new QB…

UNLESS we get someone that doesn’t have their heads up their butts to lead this team.

Maybe a younger QB with better wheels can work with poor protection better

and be less boring. seriously.12 years is enough. even if say, we’re a three win team - it might be a bad show. but at least it will be a bad show with different actors.

This team is like having to watch the last season of Lost over and over and over

That’s just ridiculous, you all were bored with Caldwell because being a respectable team wasnt good enough. So now we’re back to being laughing stocks of the nfl and the butt if every joke .so now it’s stafford’s fault. With out Stafford this team is 0-16 again this year.

Stop making moves just to make a move, make moves when there actually is a better option.

I actually liked Caldwell and defended him quite a bit on the boards. I didn’t think he was the best game day coach but certainly wasn’t bored with how his teams always played and over achieved for him

Stafford though = boring

There were probably a lot of Rivers fans in SD who lashed out at any mention to move on from him…

And now Herbert is in top running for rookie of the year. They aren’t winning like their fans would like to see. But they aren’t boring anymore

Time for young blood at QB. this draft is the year. I’d rather watch a three win team with a promising rookie, than a three win team with a 12 year vet QB

2 Likes

Josh Allen being good has kinda broken traditional scouting takes on quarterbacks.

Dude couldn’t accurately complete a pass.

Being a respectable team isn’t good enough.

No but it’s a hell of alot better then this, and you have to get to respectable before you are ever going to get to the Superbowl. If you think moves like Patricia and getting a rookie QB with this mess is going to make you closer to the Superbowl. I disagree

1 Like

Closer to the Super bowl?

At this point it would be nice to watch the Lions and even care anymore. At least a new QB would be the future. Something remotely interesting

I think we probably both agree that Quinn and Patricia also need to get swept out. I’d like to see a new GM, new Coach and new QB. the former two hopefully fired before the season ends

2 Likes

Depends on where we draft, you can’t just take a defensive player because that’s your biggest need, if we’re drafting at 3-8, we should absolutely take a QB and build the rest of the team while he develops. Rousseau is the only defensive player I’d take in the top 8 picks of this upcoming draft

I prefer Parsons to Rousseau. I think Parsons combines unlimited ceiling with very high floor whereas Rousseau is a bit more boom-bust.

I’m personally not taking a LBer in front of an All-Pro talent at DE… Just positional value at the draft position. I like Parsons as a prospect as well. Hypothetically, if we were at 8 with 4 QBs gone, 2 OTs gone and Rousseau gone, I’d take Parsons.

I get that I just see a Rousseau as high risk. You have one year of production with a high rate of splash plays but some uneven play/motor mixed in. He can absolutely be one of the games elite pass rushers but I could also see him flopping. Parsons I’m sold on. I think he’s a no doubter. Adding that degree of range and versatility from a LB that big and fast would completely change our defense IMO.

Despite that if we have an elite grade on any of the QBs and they are available that needs to be the pick IMO.

1 Like

I don’t disagree, Rousseau is a projection, he’s only played the position for 3 years and is still developing his pass rush moves. I personally haven’t seen any issues with his motor, so I’ll have to look into that at some point when we get into the offseason. I see a lot of JPP in him, I think he’s going to be really good… Not Chase Young good, but few players are.