Our secondary is locked up, now who do we draft?

So now with the addition of CJ Gardner Johnson and the two other corners. Brad had invested a ton in the secondary in FA. I have to believe we don’t go secondary early in the draft.

I am thinking back to OL and DL in the draft. Jalen Carter, Skronski, O Cyrus or maybe even Bijan as a splash pick.

What do you all think?

4 Likes

:laughing: Just posted about the possibility of trading up for Anderson, I think we’re all feeling it right now

4 Likes

I wouldnt rule out DB. Two of the signees on 1 year deals.

15 Likes

That is definitely a possibility

2 Likes

I’m guessing either Carter, Bijan, or Skoronski. Dark horse would be JSN, who I didn’t find as a possibility until tonight.

I think DB is off the board now.

7 Likes

Yup I agree with you Nate

4 Likes

Yep, and Okudah not likely to get that 5th year option picked up either.

7 Likes

What happens if we sign Chark back? I still think that is a very realistic possibility.

With all these signings this team is turning into a serious contender. How many guys may take pay cuts to come here? Guys like Calais Campbell, Shelby Harros, Marvin Jones, etc. players notice and it wouldn’t surprise me if we bolstered a couple spots with some cheap vets going into training camp.

4 Likes

I just feel like it is getting more and more clear of who we are going to draft now.

1 Like

2 Likes

The Grinch Smiling GIF by The Good Films

2 Likes

It is? I find it going the other way. Dear god I hope it’s not a QB.

2 Likes

I still want a corner in the second or later… in this draft i am still coming out with at least one rookie corner that goes to battle with okudah, jacobs, harris, and lucas for the last spot. Especially with moseley and okudah likely to be free agents next season

4 Likes

I dno man. I like Addison better than JSN

4 Likes

Dog Gif GIF

1 Like

Yes sir

2 Likes

Carter and Ocyrus
Skoronski and Bresee/Kancey

Dark horse TE Washington at 18

Round 2 Campbell MLB Rush CB
Round 3 Kroft TE or Tillman WR/Mingo WR

2 Likes

We will draft a wr in the first or second, almost certainly. They’ll draft a DT at some point, but that could be a Kancey/Benton type in the second. May trade up for a shot at AR15 or other.

It really seems like we are knocking out all of our glaring needs in free agency, and might be preparing to make an upward move, packaging multiple picks. It would’ve been reasonable to sign less DBs and draft one or more. We’ve done more than we had to, given the plethora of picks. Popcorn in the ready!

2 Likes

The only CBs under contract next year is Jacobs and Sutton. It makes total sense to still draft a CB high.

11 Likes

I think we are going to trade him.

2 Likes