Our secondary is locked up, now who do we draft?

Agree that CB is still very much on the table and likely at one of our top pics. You draft for the following year and beyond. And secondary will continue to be a need for us next year. Gonzalez or Witherspoon would develop this year and start next to Sutton next year. Smart teams draft for the following year (not the current set roster).

5 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better.

Not taking a CB in one of the deepest talent pools for the position in a decade doesn’t sound a lot like something a GM of Holmes caliber would pass up.

1 Like

Those guys are only on one year deals. We can still go corner. This gives brad the option to take best player available depending on how the board falls.

2 Likes

It is a deep CB pool, which makes the odds of Holmes drafting one early seem less and less with each FA signing. He can take one later.

2 Likes

I think we go trenches on both sides of the ball early, but holmes is the most unpredictable man since Jack Nicholson in the movie “Anger Management”

4 Likes

I could see that as well. Build those trenches folks

1 Like

I still think Wilson is their guy at 6 if he is still there. Considering Okuduh was benched multiple times and Mosley is on a 1 year deal, I wouldn’t sleep on Gonzalez. I do believe the pick at 18 is going to be offense and I think they might even trade up. I think Quention Johnson is high on their board.

Jack Nicholson GIF by Maudit

Agree we need a S an a CB to cover what we could lose next year. The idea IMO is to now look ahead an have quality with year experience coming along . You don’t have to hold on to player to long also they get costly an can be replaced either by your own or UF or draft.

Give me Jalin Carter and JSN. Don’t know how. Just get it done.

4 Likes

More footage from Jalen Carter’s Pro Day. Hadn’t seen this one before.

GIF: Prince Fielder's baserunning gaffe in ALCS Game 6 ...

2 Likes

I think its the OT/OG he can play for next 10 years. Peter Skoronski He can start at OG an move in years from now if needed to OT or stay at OG . He fits. We could look at your WR also I agree.

I think any poster thinking RB early will be disappointed.

1 Like

If we came out of the first two days with Jalen Carter, JSN, Jahmyr Gibbs, and Jack Campbell I’d be ecstatic, using our 3rd rounder to move up for JSN.

1 Like

Want one CB. Too much talent to want to miss entirely

1 Like

Here he is training for his pro day!!

fat guy GIF

3 Likes

I just don’t think Skoronski’s a tackle. I think he’s a permanent convert to guard.

4 Likes

I don’t want bc OL at 6.

2 Likes

I’m with you 100% his arm length is a problem and it shows on tape and he struggling with athleticism against faster guys on the edge, he’s a guard and I won’t take him at 6, or should say Brad Holmes won’t take him

2 Likes

I keep seeing that here, but, around the league he is said to have had a solid season.
He’s our #2 at worst.

when you look at roster for 2024 we should treat this draft like that is the roster . Many are on one year deals an we will have the money to keep couple but sometimes money an player don’t create a signing

I would also pick up Okudah 5th year his is about same as this year because he had the injury years.

I know many think he sucks but in todays NFl thats a cheap contract for possible starter an if not good backup.
Some of the one year will not be problem letting walk. But some you would like to keep an they will be pricey.
Thats why keeping him another year works. Thats why this draft we need a CB an a S just as if we never had some of the one year players.

So treat draft even if we get Chark back as if we didn’t make the signing tonight or the CB from 49rs.

If we miss on a WR i can see WR at 6 an CB at 18 . If big V is healthy .

Right now I like Your WR an Banks CB an first pick in rd 2 Benton That covers WR for years an you always add one an CB with Okudah an Sutton an Jacobs an maybe we can keep Moseley

Thats how you stay ahead of the cap an the roster that type of approach with all positions.

As a team you can only afford so many top tier players its the quality of the mid tier you keep also or find.

3 Likes