Our secondary is locked up, now who do we draft?

I think Jeff is traded and they draft a corner in the 1st still

1 Like

Sign Chark

1.6. Gonzo/Spoon
1.18. Bijan
1.2x. Brad moves down and gets Darnell Washington with beans 48 and 81+2024 2nd
55 Benton

Holmesian late rounds bargain scrapers at 5th and 6th rd at LB and WR.

PARTY TIME

Alternate

Move back from 18 to 2x, get Darnell, add a 2nd rd bean.

Grab Campbell Benton and an OG in 2nd, Jammie in 3rd

2 Likes

why do you want RB at 18?
an I have a question do you intend to give him a second contract ? I ask because winning teams in SB don’t win based on a Super star RB last one was Sweetness on the Bears you can check how many years ago that happened. We are talking second contract.

The Cowboys just found out why the second deal to there star RB was a bad move. Even this season past what did the RBs do ? an most SBs you can’t remember when a RB was the important player.

Thats why they have lost the market by wanting way to much why I will be shocked if Lions resign Swift an not the injuries. Why Prescott is playing on a Tag
Look at the RBs still left on market.

Now your choice is the best but at 18 an yes then you have him for 4 years an how much will fifth year be?
What will be his first contract an first year be? Found this on sportac pick 18 $705,000 $2,112,505
Base salary an signing bonus so first year is the total. An then goes up each year.
Pick 18 last season Treylon Burks signed a 4 year, $14,369,592 contract with the Tennessee Titans, including a $7,630,612 signing bonus, $14,369,592 guaranteed

1 Like

Emmit doesnt count as a superstar?
Bettis?

Id like him because

1. Swift will get hurt. Not a stretch there.
    1A. Best talent at his position in years
  2. Swift will be gone after next year regardless.
  3. This is a Danimal team that wants to run the ball, smash you in the face over and over, then run some wacky shit outta the same set just when you think you are set up to stop it on the 3rd look at it. Bijan can do it all.
  4. Swift will be gone and hurt.
  5. Montgomery is a nice 1B, but cmon. He Aint No Major Dude
    6 Swift will be hurt and gone
  6. Montgomery and Netflix arent guys you want in on 3rd down
3 Likes

was he on his second contract ? My point Monty is not an the money he is getting is not. Look at what some want way way out of line. I am just saying a RB that early is ok but what do u do on second contract?

WR CBs Oline make money an prove they are top of there position the good one an we see it in contracts … We don’t see RBs getting the big money now.

2 Likes

Zek is a example of over paying an other teams see it as well for second contract.
Not saying that RB is not going to be a stud an if he is he will expect to get the big bag an history says they are not worth the Big Bag

1 Like

I don’t think they go with a WR in the 1st. Not two years in a row. I hope not. I’m still traumatized by all the 1st round WRs and TE’s since the Millen days.

Anderson, Carter, or Tyree are most likely the pick. And should be. But i do see Brad has now justified picking QB at 6 which I would say is 100% in play. Despite how anyone feels about Goff. It’s smart football. Unless you have Mahomes on your team it’s almost crazy not to if you’re in this position. And it makes sense for the future. He can always double or triple down on DL with the 18th pick, and 2 2nds.

I would say you almost have to. Unless teams trade up and the 1st 5 picks are QBs.

2 Likes

My prediction was that Richardson goes #1. But the rumors say that the Panthers are torn between Young, and Stroud. Unless someone is in love with Richardson, or Levis, i dont see a trade. Raiders might be happy with Jimmy G because McDaniels is full of himself. If teams stay Pat i see Young 1st, Stroud 2nd, Levis 4th, and Seattle taking Richardson.

1 Like

DT and TE in the 1st. OG and trade for next year in 2nd.

2 Likes

Wonder if he will start?

2 Likes

Gonzales could still be the guy.

3 Likes

They should we have two FA that are on one year deals an his cost for year 5 is same as this years Because of injured seasons the fifth year tag is low.

He can always be traded next year an teams would take him at the reduced cost.

thats mistake the ravens made with the QB they could have him playin on fifth year option

2 Likes

I’m surprised many still think Carter is an option
I think he’s off their board
Why would he still be on it when he’s given only “turd vibes?”

4 Likes

Emmitt Smith held out two games into the ‘93 season for a new contract. They won the Super Bowl that season and Smith was voted MVP. He won another Super Bowl after that as well.

1 Like

And you know this how?

We have a starting S & CB on 1 year deals. I expect we do the opposite of what you are saying and expect at least one, if not both to be drafted by 3rd round.

The leaves 3 spots for O-line, D-line, LB

3 Likes

Walker, and Kerby are the starting S’s. CJGJ will be primarily nickel, and the 3rd S option, and be in there at S during certain alignments. Sutton will play outside, and move inside when needed. Okudah, Jacobs, and Mosely will battle for CB2. I wouldn’t doubt it if Harris gets cut or joins the PS. This is a CROWDED DB group. Let the battles begin. They’re all going to have to ern their spots. I’m sure the best ones will get long term contract offers.

i wouldn’t count Okudah out at all. It would also be unfair cuz of all the bad luck that guy went thru. He was looking like a top 5 draft pick for the first half of the season. People even started using the word shut-down CB. It was pretty amazing how he came back from such a severe injury. I think an elbow injury, and him running out of gas was why he regressed. That guy works hard, and wants to be the best. He should be fully healthy, and another year healed from his injury. i think we are going to see Okudah become that CB everyone in the world expected him to be.

1 Like

Brad can move up or down the board now if he can find trade partners.
Everything is in play.
A little mustard for the running back room.
DT
G
DB.
WR
Brad has us sitting pretty.

2 Likes

We could take Gonzo and easily be able to push Chase Lucas to the Practice Squad, IMO.

5 Likes

Yotes ship blowing off course

ship mar GIF by Maria Jose Guzman

1 Like