Overrated vs. Underrated

Where would you have Pickett in last year’s QB class?

I really don’t know. This is the first year in a while I’ve watched enough football to discuss the draft and it’s still nowhere near what some of y’all watch I’m sure. I can say I wasn’t a big fan of last year’s QB class. I thought T. Lawrence was overrated although I wouldn’t have predicted as big of a flop as he was. Recent OSU QBs make me nervous. They get guys that just stand back there and throw to wide open receivers. It looks good in college but it doesn’t translate. That doesn’t mean they couldn’t have a gem, it’s just hard to evaluate.

2 Likes

Please explain.

Underrated:

Thecowardlylion

Miss that dude

2 Likes

I think if Hutch goes 1 then KT is pretty likely to be the pick. I could be mistaken but I don’t see Brad taking a pure traits based risk on a guy like Walker and as much as I want there to be a trade down offer I’m just not seeing it.

Love that guy → yup

UNDERRATED

Zyon McCollum, DB, Sam Houston St

I’m betting on his 2nd year. The first will be spent adjusting to pro competition. Our needs are elsewhere, otherwise I’d be happy with him at #66 when most lists have him between 110 and 120.

Austin Allen, TE, Nebraska

CuriousHusker and another Den member gave a nod to this guy. I want him at #177 and will be a steal with great short area quickness, hands, length, hops for a 6’7" first down and red zone target. Goff will love him with our new speed plus Christian Watson at #34 giving Allen plenty of room to work. He’s regularly slotted in the mid-200s. I want to know “Why?” more than Nancy Kerrigan ever did…

Markquese Bell, S, Florida A&M

I originally mocked him at #97, but now I have him at #218 in my current mock because he’s often slotted at #250. He’s got tools and wide experience against lesser competition. Like Zyon, give him a year with AG and AP before judging.

Jermaine Johnson, Edge, Florida St.
Guess I have to put this here because I’ve yammered about him so much.

OVERRATED

Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame

You’re in the right place. I’ve always thought of The Den as a safe house for tangents and rants.

1 Like

Schitts Creek Wow GIF by CBC

2 Likes

hope your shoulder is feeling OK there…. it must be getting a big stretch feom patting yourself on the back…. :wink::smirk::kissing:

yeah but remember all those playoff games we won with Barry….

When you butcher a pig they call it the butt :man_shrugging:

can’t wait to smoke pork butts this summer!

True dat. Fwiw I have an unusual love of Lamb shoulder. Have a general disdain for leg and though I like loin/racks I don’t love if enough to counterbalance my frugalness.

My 19.5+ year old cat is chillin here this weekend… just gettin ready for the summer pool season and smokin of the meats!!!

That’s one old cat. You might be able to smoke it soon. Go for broke: float the smoker out on the pool. Think of it like the culinary equivalent of a Viking funeral Pyre.

1 Like

fuck that… my boy is going for 25…. he is a stubborn old dude.

1 Like

Strange that with all of this tech there is nothing that can tell you how many of the nine lives they’ve used

1 Like

I kind of wish everything in life had the cell phone battery graphic. If i knew to end conversations when the last of the three bars disappeared then I … err we’d be better for it.

1 Like

he’s definitely used up a lot of them.

He’s been indoor/outdoor for about 18 years now… and he used to stay out quite a bit.

Now… we keep him inside more… but he bugs the crap out of me every morning to get out.

He doesn’t have any claws… but that doesn’t deter him… he used kick the crap out of all cats he fought. I once ended up with cellulitis breaking up his fight… and he didn’t have a scratch.

It’s crazy… he defies logic in almost every way…