Patriots possibly looking to trade N’keal Harry

Yeah, I’m not upset about it. It is what it is at this point. Had we known we would have been able to Alim in the 3rd round, they might have taken Rondale in the 2nd instead of Levi, idk.
I liked Levi but didn’t quite get all the hype on him…but I think he gained a lot of attention at the Senior Bowl practices. I think Rondale was the better prospect but understand he’s had some injury issues as well…that’s why it’s so disappointing to hear that Levi has had back issues going back to college.

I believe it was Brian Billick that said “we always tried to draft the highest rated player on our board instead of need. But it was amazing how often a player in a position of need coincidentally received a higher grade than he should have.”

1 Like

We had so many needs, fill them with the best you can get. It was never all going to get fixed in one off season.
Had we taken a WR, we’d be bitching about something else.

4 Likes

Exactly

I’m with you Farmer.

I think DT is a major need. I honestly don’t believe we’ve solved anything yet. Sure we have some young prospects but no true studs.

I think DT and DL in general is definitely in play in the early rounds next draft.

1 Like

I think the mistake came in when they signed Reynolds, Perriman and Williams to be our starters. That’s 8+ mil that could have went to signing a solid starter who didn’t have nearly the concerns those 3 had.

We could have resigned Amendola and M. Jones and still had change left over. That’s just one example. Sometimes change isn’t necessarily better money spent.

We took unnecessary risks at WR and those risks came back to bite us.

Yeah, when I do my mocks I consider this a lot. Pressure can come from a lot of places and it’d be really nice to have some pressure up the middle. Especially in this sort of attacking 3-4 style we have.

Its easy to focus on the back seven because its so painfully obvious we need help. But if last year’s draft is any indication its that Holmes/Spielman/Campbell seem to want to build the trenches. I just hope they draft better than Quinn!

1 Like

Keep in mind that Holmes saw first hand in Donald what a stud DT can do for a defense.

I think it’s a bigger priority than fans realize