Patriots possibly looking to trade N’keal Harry

Bleacher Report contributor creates a report of what the 'Boys “COULD” do, suggesting 3 players that, in his mind, they should consider looking at.

Then Heavy.com takes that article and twists it into a “Rumor”.

Then it gets shared as a rumor with others, satisfying Heavy’s need/ploy for clicks.

Note to self, “Heavy.com” is trash and doesn’t deserve a second of my time.

4 Likes

I mean we gave up a 7th rounder for Brockers. So how much is he really worth? I guess we could clear cap room and get our pick back, or maybe a slightly better one since its a trade deadline premium.

Dallas is contending. I’d be asking for a 5th in return. They may do something like that.

Not many people on this roster that I wouldn’t deal at this time. Obviously a few keepers

1 Like

This is a good time to bring up that IMO DT is a sneaky draft need. It gets overlooked because we took two DL in rounds 2 and 3 last year. But Brockers is turning 31. Williams is 31. Hand will be a FA and he can’t ever stay healthy.

2 Likes

Hahaha you knew it was Jack Nicholson you get credit for that!

He was such a good Joker, the best until Heath Ledger… but they were very different Jokers… I think of them as 1A and 1B…

My friends and I always drop some Jack Nicholson joker quotes as part of conversation it was such an iconic movie for us growing up!

1 Like

In the words of a very wise man I once knew… cash talks, bullshit walks.

We had no money there was only so much Holmes could do. But he is doing exactly what Yzerman did, taking the hit now so in a couple years he has a ton of it to utilize.

1 Like

We didn’t have draft picks? Sheila literally asked during the draft, don’t we need a WR, and they said it’s ok, we can get St. Brown later.

I’m the first to say that Quinn screwed us. But IF they thought we were ok at WR this year, that is worrying.

You wanna get NUTS, let’s get NUTS!

2 Likes

Sheila deserved all the respect.
Imagine leaving Quinntricia a few more years, that would be desperate.
It turned out so well, we are watching exciting matches and we are seeing progress, no one is really ruining us, and a good pick is expected in the draft.
Where are you going better.
:grinning:

1 Like

Seinfeld strikes again. Never connected that quote came from Batman.

“Another solarium?”

Agreed. As Lion’s fans it’s tough to be asked for a couple more years of suckatude but this is the right way to build this thing. Get a team together and then take your shot at a QB in 2022. I don’t care if they draft one, get a FA, or trade for one. He just has to be the right guy. Maybe Jared can be that guy but he is pretty pricey for what he seems to offer. Until then we just have to pin our hopes player growth.

1 Like

I can’t wait for the day to win the division.
Maybe next year is that, no surrender, I believe in new coaches and the owner.
It is better to motivate the players you have and get the most out of them, than to sign older players for big money.
I’m sure we’re on the right track.

1 Like

I hadn’t either. Good observation.

1 Like

Holmes and Campbell went over this. Sewell was the highest rated player on their board and the guy they wanted. They sat down and had a WR as the pick in round 2. However, they came back and realized they were force feeding the WR position rather than taking the best guy on the board, so they decided to change it. When round 3 came around it was the same thing, they would have been force feeding the pick. In round 4 the board and the need lined up.

I love this. I’ve always loved the “let the draft come to you” approach. Obviously there are times when you need to go up and get a guy, but don’t force feed with positions of need. Some of the best picks I’ve seen were good teams ignoring need and simply choosing based on talent. I feel like the Steelers in particular are really good at truly picking the best player available, which entails ignoring position and at the same time actually having good enough scouts to identify said player.

Instead we ended-up force-feeding the DT position after getting Brockers and we already had our Hand on our Penisini.

I understand how the drafted ending-up going down. We wanted Levi and didn’t expect Alim to be there in round 3…but again, you just can’t always pick BPA.

But would Josh Palmer, Dyami Brown, Amari Rodgers, or Nico Collinse really be that much better than Aman Ra?
Amon Ra has more catches than all 4 of them combined at this moment…but I’m sure if those guys were in Detroit they’d be playing a lot more than they are with their respective teams right now.

I think they could get a 5th for him from the Cowboys. They are prone to rolling the dice and taking their shot. I would absolutely shop a few guys and try to get back the picks we lost on the Benson deal.

When you’re either a really good team already or you’re so terrible that you could use help literally everywhere, that makes it really easy to just pick the overall best player on the board.

In between those extremes, it takes some real vision to know exactly how much to prioritize need. Hopefully, we’ll see how Holmes & company adapt to that going forward.

Everybody knew our WR situation, much worse than our DT position going into the draft. Perriman shouldn’t have been counted-on, 12 starts last year and only 30 receptions…and a lot of injuries over the years. The Tyrell Williams signing was solid, I have no issues with that one. To be honest, you can’t really rely too heavily on rookie WR’s doing much anyways.
Tyrell being hurt was really the worst-case scenario for us…but we were probably screwed either way.

They were both really thin. It’s picking nits to try to say one was notably worse than the other.

It was a gamble, but not a crazy one. With the benefit of retrospect, obviously one that didn’t pan out. But at the time, it made a ton of sense. They guy had strung together some good games, and they didn’t have to pay a lot or make a big commitment.

They chose to lock down DT with better talent available in the draft and roll the dice on WR. Unfortunately, that dice roll came up snake eyes. It was a reasonable calculated risk, and I can’t get all wound up when the luck portion doesn’t go the preferred way.