Payton rips Hackett for job with Denver, jabs Jets

I like Sean Payton.

9 Likes

wow…tell us how you really feel Payton

3 Likes

Can see where Dan Campbell worked and learned a lot from Payton. Definitely think the broncos will be much better.

5 Likes

Piling on the previous fired head coach that Payton admits he doesn’t even know, seems a little much to me. I don’t think I’ve ever really seen a new head coach do that to the previous head coach in the media.

Imagine what Coach Campbell would say about Patricia off the record. :smiley:

9 Likes

In my book that’s some sh!tty leadership he’s exhibiting. To each their own I guess.

6 Likes

Dan would never say those things.

6 Likes

The best part about that article is when they mention that the Broncos play the Jets in week 5.

“Now look, what I’ll say is this: we’re focused on us, alright. That’s what we’re focused on, how can we get better every day and put these guys in a position to win. Now, the previous, ah coach, maybe he wanted to bite donuts or cheeseburgers or whatever, I’ll just say that kneecaps are low cal, low fat alright. So if you want to do updowns with your squad you can do that.”

1 Like

I took it as him defending Wilson.

4 Likes

Very true. Not his style one bit.

3 Likes

Better part for me is Payton blaming everybody including some that are still employed!

2 Likes

He is on a role lately. With this, calling Jon Gruden a dumbfuck for paying a fine and ripping the NFL on gambling.

Payton has always come across as a pompous ass and this confirms it.

Some people will laud him for speaking his mind but I think he comes off as a jackass. I’m sure the coaches fraternity isn’t too happy with this.

6 Likes
  1. nothing is off the record, anymore. Email/text has eliminated, “off the record”.
  2. nothing that the fans haven’t said publicly.

That is clearly a big part of it. He knows his chances are in large part tied to Russ cooking without giving his teammates food poisoning.

I just think there are better approaches, but what do I know? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

No but was referring to the article and Payton talking about putting the work in.

I think it’s the whole team.

He’s telling them “You don’t suck, it was the previous coaching staff that sucked”.

3 Likes

Nate’s also a weird guy to target in the coaching community. That’s a fraternity and he’s Paul’s kid so he knows everybody, and both he and his dad are widely regarded as awesome dudes. I guess Sean’s a made guy so it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Go home and get your bleepin shinebox, Hackett!

What he said is true. Whether he should say it or not, I guess it doesn’t matter to me, but what he said is true. We all witnessed it go down last season. I definitely took it as him saying look this isn’t a bad football team, they just weren’t being coached. On the other hand it puts a lot of pressure on himself to prove that, which I thinks he’s well aware of.

3 Likes