Penei Sewell….who does he remind you of?

My brother thinks Tony Boselli. My dad says Anthony Munoz. I say Orlando Pace. What say you fellas (and ladies) here??

1 Like

hulk smash GIF

8 Likes

He doesn’t remind me of anyone.
Sewell is in a league of his own. I have never seen a player run block the way he does. Sewell is going to be special for a long time.

12 Likes

Jim is spot on…

Happy Sport GIF by Detroit Lions

4 Likes

I think he’s fairly unique. Closest? Idk … Walter Jones?

He’s a tiny bit better than Juan Roque :joy:

2 Likes

I wonder how well he plays the ukulele.

Munoz and Pace are both good comparators, but I think Sewell is more athletic than Munoz was, which makes Pace a better comp.

He’s a more complete Aaron Gibson. A better Gosder Cherilous

4 Likes

Just wait until he hits puberty…

8 Likes

I feel the same way. I don’t have a valid comparison to him. I wanted to see what others thought on this thread so I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels this way.

2 Likes

I expect you to serve a one week, self imposed, ban from the Den for speaking the name of the unspeakable. Think about what you did and we’ll see you next Monday.

6 Likes

He can get pregnant?

1 Like

You SOB.

3 Likes

CFL legend Juan Roque… go Argos go :joy: it’s Canada Day afterall.

Happy Hour Drinking GIF by Barstool Sports

Very similar size, athletic ability and versatility….which is why I was thinking Pace

I really thought Gibson might be good when we drafted him. If only the dude was committed to getting and staying in shape. Some of his Wisconsin film was wild. He was just mauling guys when he wanted to.

I think out of that era of greats Walter Jones and Jonathon Ogden were the two most similar to Sewell as run blockers. I think I’d give each the edge in pass pro. Pace as well but Sewell is more of a run game weapon than Pace was. Not that Pace was anything to sneeze at.

Jones’ measurables were similar whereas Pace and Ogden had considerably more length.

I think Penei has a shot to be the best run blocking OT in the history of the sport.

1 Like

Absolutely… not only is he massive he moves like a linebacker or a fullback. On a regular basis he’s 15 to 25 yards down field kicking ass and taking names. He could literally dominate at any position on the O or Dline. Just a freak.

2 Likes

Season 3 Lol GIF by The Office

4 Likes