Penei Sewell

Amen brother. Holmes getting this guy as his first pick is awesome. Dude is a legitimate stud at 23. Truly a generational talent.

3 Likes

I hope you guys are right.
I think Sewell is well above average but “generational” or even best player on our roster is utterly debatable.

Amon RA
Hutch
Rags*when healthy

Decker is a better OT IMO and plays a more premium position.

Penei

Penei, Amon Ra, and Hutch are the 3 young, culture leaders of this franchise. They will be Lions for 8-10 years+ and that’s how I know this franchise will be contenders for the next decade. I love so many players on this team but as of today, these are our 3 best players and most important for me.

Decker, Rags, and Jared Goff are also way up there in terms of best players/culture setters as our veteran leaders of the team. Easily the 6 most important players on our Detroit Lions as of today.

Next year we add a bunch more to the list as Gibbs, LaPorta, Branch, Joseph, Alim, JACK, and hopefully Jamo :pray:t2: are ready to join the ranks among the best players at their positions.

My favorite sports franchise is finally becoming what I always dreamed it would be!

4 Likes

Penei Sewell

Just 23 years old–October 9, 2000

1 Like

Penei is another example of Brad overdrafting low value positions. Right tackle in the top 10? What a wasted opportunity. He gets to block chumps like Maxx Crosby each week. No wonder he’s looking good.

Leonardo Dicaprio Lol GIF

This is fun to look back on…

Hopefully @CuriousHusker isn’t a betting man. :wink:

This TEAM, man!
Young buck who is literally afraid of NO ONE!
I mean, caption that look on his face!

3 Likes

I wonder what AD ate for lunch the next day after Penei took his lunch money and slapped his mama?

Even though we lost.

1 Like

He’ll get better technically as he gets older, but what puts him in that upper tier for me is his athleticism. I don’t think there’s another tackle in the league who’s anywhere close to the level of athlete he is. He can do things most guys can’t, and because of that, we as an offense can do a lot of things other teams can’t. Ben said it last year, we design plays around his ability to move. There’s no other tackle in the league you can say that about.

6 Likes

Does fantasy football for small sums of money count? I think there’s some cutout in which that type of thing doesn’t count as gambling.

1 Like

It’s actually not legal to play and deposit money on to yahoo fantasy sports. Which is hilarious because gambling is literally legal in Michigan. I have to drive across the border to register for leagues every year.

6 Likes

Made Crosby his bitch.

Someone please make a meme of Sewell rocking Crosby like a baby.

Funny GIF

Rolls eyes

Penei Sewell named to PFF’s Mid-Season All Pro First Team (the only Lions player):

RT: PENEI SEWELL, DETROIT LIONS

Second team: Lane Johnson, Philadelphia Eagles

Sewell, the only right tackle in the NFL to earn PFF grades of 80.0 or better in both pass protection and as a run blocker through the first half of the season, has allowed just five pressures from 323 pass-blocking snaps in 2023.

1 Like

And just more support that PFF is a joke. Christian McCaffrey is not the #1 RB? Yeah ok. George Kittle is ahead of Mark Andrews or Sam LaPorta? Justin Jefferson is ahead of Keenan Allen? And that’s just the offensive side of the ball.

How about Aiyuk ahead of Stefon Diggs…that one made me LOL

I have my issues with PFF grades, but I think overall they’re very good tool for judging performance, as long as we don’t put too much stock into their value. It’s a piece of the puzzle, that’s all.

But these guys know football. Current Texans super genius OC Bobby Slowik spent two years as a PFF grader, as did current Rams QB coach Zac Robinson. More and more PFF graders are proliferating into the coaching space, they absolutely know their football.

The problem is with human nature. Two people can watch the same clip and take different things out of it. You see it all the time before the draft on here. Someone will watch a WR catch a pass and say he got good separation, while someone else will say he didn’t. Honestly it makes the task of grading by what is seen on tape something of a fool’s errand, though I don’t begrudge them for trying. You just have to put the right amount of stock in it.

2 Likes

Sewell for MVP

Stefon Diggs is pretty much the perfect player at his position. He has excellent hands, one of the best route runners in the game, and is a dangerous deep threat. There’s no criteria that Brandon Aiyuk is better. Any individual or platform that has this stance is drunk.

Sure PFF has minimal value if you choose to use it in your favor in a debate or argument. But no matter what they decide to put out, there is LOL moments that give it little to no credibility. But you are right, everyone views the same thing differently. But its takes like Aiyuk>Diggs that is just so ridiculous there’s nothing much to say. Other than it’s another “hot take” to make people believe they are smarter than everyone else. And there are several examples of this throughout this particular article.

Aside from a few, they probably miss the actual all-pro players by 50%+ and some of these 1st team guys aren’t even in the conversation.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.