Per Rappaport, Panthers have found their Head Coach

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1750565014883221984?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

That leaves the Commanders and the Seahawks? Am I missing anyone?

Falcons

This is a good hire imo

Canales worked with both geno and baker, made geno smith a pro bowler, revitalized baker

Big question is how he will build his staff, but its a good hire on paper for Carolina.

1 Like

1 year experience calling plays to head coach for a lunatic of an owner. This won’t end well.

Hopefully he gets more than 10 games

8 Likes

Tbf to Canales, hes got some QB magic in his arsenal with how hes made geno and baker look

Like i said, question is how will he build his staff.

1 Like

Matt Patricia is available…

Wish the guy well. He better win quickly. The owner cycles through coaches like Patricia went through peanut butter cups

2 Likes

I don’t wish the guy too much “well”. Every nfc team is the competition, and I love the way Tepper runs the Panthers, as a Lions fan. So, here’s to hoping he presides over the first 0-17 season, fired in 3 years, and f■■■ the Panthers. Yeah, that about sums it up.

So I guess even if Canales is a minority, the Bucs won’t get any comp picks since he was only there for one year, right?

That’s the rule. Gotta be 2 years with team before promotion

1 Like

Bad example. Peanut butter cups are amazing.

Haha they are good. I’m referencing the Senior Bowl when Patricia coached it. Was sponsored by Reese’s and Fatty P was eating them during the game on the sidelines.

Not sure if people remember that moment.

2 Likes

Only dude that wanted that job ?

2 Likes

Yep! Man, it was only been four years ago. Sheila, Brad, and Dan’s meteoric rise makes it seem like so much longer… I wish I could give each of them a hug for healing the hurt. :hugs:

1 Like

Can’t be lining up.

Since buying the Panthers in 2018, they have compiled a 31-68 record and 6 head coaches in that span.(David Tepper - Wikipedia)

6 different head coaches in 6 years

Patricia can run the offense and Joe Barry can run the defense. If that doesn’t get you excited I don’t know what will?

I really wonder how true this is……

Canales certainly doesn’t have the most impressive tesume from this group…

and that was a list made before Vrabel was available….

and…. Canales did make a few QBs looks better than average…

with DK, Lockett, Evans, and Godwin at WR….

2 Likes

Not gonna lie
I never heard of the dude until now

Hmm? I coached city basketball. I wonder what it pays?

1 Like