Perfect Storm is Brewing

‪I am actually all for this. I keep repeating myself but Jeff Okudah or Derrick Brown don’t make this a Super Bowl caliber team. 2 picks in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th round would literally give us an influx of talent and youth that the Lions have never seen before. ‬ Plus, you would have the ammo to move up to get whomever you want. Love this!

I like this but they are not getting #109. Both their 1sts and both their seconds. we would have 5 picks in the top 56.

how about get 5 guys in the first 2 rounds so when you do get a new QB he has some talent around him. It would also tell Patricia and Stafford “NO more excuses”. We could get a quality WR, DE, DT, CB, RB and use our 3rd and get a quality G/C.

NOT PERFECT but better than we were. IF Quinn believes in his ability as a GM this should be exactly what he wants. We could use 4th and 5th rounders to move a little if necessary.

Another way it would work:

No. 3 & 67 for Nos. 18, 26, 39 & 56–almost dead equal on the Jimmy Johnson trade value chart.

I think the NYG trading down was a smokescreen to deter teams from jumping them for an OT.

Gettleman hasn’t been the trade down type. Neither has BQ for that matter.

However it’s very obvious that they need an OT. But they do not have to have a LT so they are trying to put out the theory they want to trade down and take a RT. I’m not buying it because Nate Solder has been a disappointment at LT.

I do agree that there will be a run on OT’s at the top of this draft. I think 5-6 Maybe even 7 will go round one.

That would be my guess because he’s the highest rated LT. It wouldn’t make sense to trade up for a RT like Wills.

Here’s a thought. What if it scared the NYG into moving up a spot to lock in Thomas. The Lions move down one spot for the NYG 2nd round pick and then trade again with a QB or OT needy team trying to jump MIA.

A couple of Mia beat writers started saying (last week) that MIA will take an OT at 5 and draft a QB at 18.

So this new rumor stacks up to that one.

I doubt the Lions would be willing to trade down that far however.