Perhaps why JAMO was brought along slowly

You guys are right.

This is where we see if this culture is for real.

Not in press conferences or post game locker room celebrations. Not even assistant coaches coming back for extra seasons some of us didn’t expect. All of that is great don’t get me wrong…

But can we get more out of someone than we otherwise would because of the guy sitting next to him? That to me is a championship culture.

10 Likes

The coaches can tell. The media can tell……it’s clear when in the game he is burning dudes and in practice he is throttling it down.

2 Likes

I am not mad at the trade for him. He is generational talent, though I know that gets thrown around a lot but look at what he did when he did get the ball… I think you need those game changers and they took a chance. They need to get him up to speed in how to be a pro.

For the record I wish everyone had the work ethic of st brown and Cominsky among others. Those guys get it

3 Likes

In some ways…not at all
In some ways…10/10

He needs to fit into the brotherhood better.
but…where he DOES fit in is in that he has a TON of “dog” in him! He plays with aggression & tenacity.

…we just need it to show up in practice or the timing will always be ■■■■■■ up
Working in practice impacts culture.

I think the entire locker room will be both directly & inadvertently putting pressure on him to fit in.

3 Likes

Agree 100%… st Brown is the leader of that room. You wanna play and take catches away from me, prove it!

6 Likes

So he has a little iverson in him, will need to get comfortable in the offense and with goff etc… but we all see the potential the guy has on pure athletic ability

3 Likes

I think this is more normal then people think. There is a psychology to it all. They are still getting to know each other and this kid has never had to grind it out. And in the past when he has been challenged he jumped into the portal. Patricia would have ruined this kid and lost him day 1….lions are taking the time to see what motivates him. get him to buy in. am I nervous? Yes……but it will work out. I believe that. But this had nothing to do w lions mismanagement of him or Goff just not able to throw to him. Had to do w him and his effort.

6 Likes

Hulk Hogan Wrestling GIF by WWE

We, my brother…are on exactly the same page!

3 Likes

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

4 Likes

I mean that is effectively the story right now lol, i understand it is a different sport but there is a parallel and the guy certainly has the talent hopefully he can figure it out

1 Like

Word

Flexing Hulk Hogan GIF by WWE

1 Like

This is all a BINGO.

3 Likes

Yep this is my biggest concern. Just my opinion, but you can’t teach effort. I’m just hoping with joining the team late in the season and not getting enough time with Goff that was almost a redshirt year and that a full off-season changes things dramatically.

5 Likes

I already wanted Chark back…

but if the coaches need to motivate Jamo… having a guy with pro bowl potential starting the year in front of him on the depth chart is definitely what I would like.

If he starts to realize he needs to work at his craft to get the volume needed to grab that next contract… the urgency might come sooner than later.

10 Likes

He has effort in games. Watch the look on his face, while he’s running. Watch the determination when he’s breaking tackles.
He can get the effort out of himself.
With practice, he’s bored & disconnected, hence lack of inspiration.
He needs to get inspired to practice. I think he will.

8 Likes

Bring in a dog like ramsey at corner and i bet he enjoys practice more

5 Likes

He was a gunner in college and a willing blocker from what I saw. He has passion. I think the potential is there and keeping him out of plays until he proves himself is a perfect way to bring him along slowly if the Lions are healthy enough and winning games anyway.

5 Likes

This is why I’m hopeful. Dude is nasty, so much talent and he does love football….he is just now playing In a league where his peers are just as good to some degree and talent alone doesn’t win you the game. His mental side will catch up. But it’s not ideal and not what you wanna hear about your prize rookie Ferrari

9 Likes

Excellent points.

Everyone in that locker room loves Raymond and knows he is busting his ass every single day….if the lions had just handed time to JAMO over Raymond it would have been hypocrisy for what this team stands for……some teams would have done that……but not the teams we all respect and wanna emulate.

8 Likes

Leaf and Sun God will just have to show him what it takes to be the best at the NFL level.

5 Likes