Perhaps why JAMO was brought along slowly

I think the kid needs to grow up and become a pro A#1. It’s one thing to be in the meetings and practices but to be off and not involved, also thinking you have all the skill in the world and not actually have to demonstrate it on the field… makes sense.

I’m not trying to get on the kid’s case by any means but just saying I think he has some growing up to do and definitely needs a full healthy off-season in a pro setting

3 Likes

Agggh! This kid stuff.

Your great granddad, or granddad, at 21, was killing Germans, ■■■■■■■ French resistance fighter babes, eating 12 yr old canned shit on a shingle, drinking navy grog, dropping firebombs on wooden cities and/or puking his guts out in 10 foot swells 3000 miles from the nearest port.

And your great/ grandma busted her ass to the bone in a field or factory, wondering if her hubby/brothers/cousins were being ventilated by a grenade or a Messerschmidt each night.

5 Likes

is there a link to that video?

I agree, he is definitely special in terms of his speed.

But he needs to be at least above average at route running and catching. Because if you don’t do that, it doesn’t matter.

I know meinke got some crap for saying don’t expect too much from him and pointing out how many balls he dropped in practices, but he was right.

2 Likes

You know it might not hurt to try and get a corner who could actually cover him when he’s practicing half-ass. He can probably jog in practice and repeatedly beat our secondary.

4 Likes

Lolol… listen I’m just saying, he’s still a kid! He doesn’t need to experience a world war firsthand to understand what it means to be an adult… not what I’m saying… just saying I think he also needs to learn a pro work ethic

3 Likes

Does this make Chark more valuable just in case to the win now lions ?

7 Likes

You know, that’s always a sign of a good team

The patriots were known for having a culture that could handle one or two fussy players, because it was known that the others would straighten them out.

I guess we shall see

4 Likes

I’ve BEEN saying that. Can anyone on this board or elsewhere show what Jamo has done as a professional to put all your chips in on him at such a crucial position to this offense?

7 Likes

This is a really fun cast, so far.

Love how they are talking about “the QB whisperers” for what they’ve done with Goff.

Love how they are talking up Goff.

Love how they are talking about Sewell…“I have never seen that with my eyes.” referencing a human that size moving like that. LOL. G O A T

100% goodness…still looking for the part where they talk about JaMoss.

3 Likes

Good point, but Reynolds and Kalif are older than Chark, so we got a couple of vets in the room.

7 Likes

I’ve seen some footage of his practice habits and swear on my kids it’s clear he has a practice speed. He is essentially going 75-80% on routes and even when he is the target and that’s the biggest issue for the timing.

3 Likes

To me that’s a red flag. This is actually pretty concerning news IMO.

And @Air2theThrown makes a good point. How in the hell did Nick Saban put up with that and allow it?

If Nick Saban couldn’t coach it out of him there’s probably not many people who can. No disrespect to Campbell, because he’s a great motovator, but Saban is the best ever in college football.

4 Likes

I’m in the concerned crowd. Hearing things like Lions are trying to find the right buttons to push, doesn’t have good work ethic or is not great at route running (despite draft experts saying he was pro ready) doesn’t sound like a Dan Campbell type of gritty player. Really hope all this won’t be an issue, but lack of work ethic alone is concerning.

9 Likes

I already didn’t like the trade because it probably cost us a chance in the playoffs. Considering we would have been one of the best 4 teams in who knows what would have happened…

This is definitely a red flag, & to the OP’s info, also makes a ton of sense why he didn’t get playing time at OSU

3 Likes

The rebuttal to that is these young kids today are soft, real soft. Love their toys, screens and instagram. I probably sound like a bitter old man, but I’m only 40. The modern day teenagers, good heavens they are softer than melted butter, not all of course, but many. This is coming from someone with 12+ years of teaching/coaching experience.

6 Likes

On the bright side, good to see that the Lions have managed to turn it around despite getting virtually nothing so far out of the Stafford trade (except Goff of course). Still disappointing, especially when you see Watson tearing it up in GB with a pick we traded to get get Jamo.

3 Likes

He’s coming back from an injury for the first time so I’m not sure how we can tell what percentage he’s playing at.

With the culture and leadership we have on this team I have no doubt Jamo will be ok. You think St Brown is gonna put up with him half assing it? Jamo may have all the ability but St Brown has actually done it in the NFL.

5 Likes

This is where culture and leadership come in. I am only slightly worried. I do see st brown and the other wrs taking him under their wings and goff needs to work with him.

8 Likes

hahahaha! One of those guys just said…“it doesn’t matter what we think, it matters what Holmes thins”…
They’re copying me!
Copyright infringement!!!

5 Likes