Personal situation

Hey all,

I normally wouldnt do this but i spend quite a bit of my time on this board either lurking on gameday or posting etc and feel a sense of community with this group.

Today my daughter had to go to the hospital due to having difficulty breathing. My 4 year old girl is stable but they are transporting her to another hospital due to lack of pediatric beds at my local hospital. I am breaking down at the moment, any love or prayers are greatly appreciated.

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing man. We’re family here. Sending good thoughts your way. I’m sure your girl will pull through. You all got this :heart::beers:

1 Like

Sending love to you and your little one, bro.

Check your inbox

1 Like

Love and prayers!!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing!
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."*
Prayers your way my friend!

4 Likes

When if you can, updates please….

Know you all are loved!

3 Likes

Hey brother sorry to hear that. I have three daughters myself and they are my world. In fact I’m in WV on a white water rafting trip now with 2 of them (wife dislocated her elbow so had to spend a chunk of yesterday in the hospital). You and your daughter will be in my thoughts and I’m sure everything will work out. Please keep us updated on that little sweetie’s progress.

2 Likes

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

2 Likes

Been trying to rest for the trip over there today, my wife flew with her and she is aware/progressing but they have been unable to remove the breathing mask without her O2 levels dropping. She has been down to 31% oxygen feed but the flow has been needed to maintain her oxygen levels.

They got a positive test for rhinovirus so we at least know the virus and they are treating it as an exacerbation of asthma (which hasnt been diagnosed and it was a sudden onset). Just terrified as a father and not in the right mindspace, we are never taught how to deal with these situations. Often i soldier through and am the strong presence for my family… yesterday and really even know i am not that strong individual as the only thing i cant handle in my life is being helpless with my family, seeing that little girl fight and my inability to do anything to get her past it and just take her home broke me.

I appreciate all of the prayers and i know she will be okay, its just that feeling of being unable to fix it for my baby girl makes me unable to navigate anything else.

5 Likes

Sending big Prayers Bro!

1 Like

Sounds like she’s in good hands. Sending you and your wife all the good thoughts and good vibes I got, nothing scarier than what you’re going through.

1 Like

Thinking of you. I have a 3 year old little girl and would be in the same spot. Sending all the prayers and good vibes your way. Keep us updated and let us know if there’s anything we can do.

1 Like

I can only imagine how you and your wife are feeling. Hang in there. You daughter is in good hands. Thoughts and prayers. Please do keep us updated. We’ll all be thinking of you and your family.

1 Like

Praying for you and your family. Thank you for letting us know . The more prayers the better .

1 Like

Wish you and the little one all the best and hope for early recovery. There no easy way to deal with what you are going threw having your child sick and unknowing the problem . She has the whole Den here pulling for you and her. Prayers and thoughts are with you and her.

1 Like

I just lost my Dad a month ago yesterday to lung issues. I know what it feels like to have to be strong, and yet be broken on the inside. Here are the important things to remember. Kids bodies are strong, so even when things look bleak, they can bounce back far better than an older adult can. Keep your faith up, especially in front of her. Let her see your own strength. Understand that you ARE going to break down. That’s love coming out. The fear is real, don’t fight it, it’s going to come out, just know it’s ok to step away for a few minutes, and let the emotions come out.

You’ve got all of us here for you, and you’ve got your family around you. Lean on your family, keep being your daughter’s rock, and know we are here when you need anything extra, even if it’s to freak out for a bit and you don’t want anyone else to see.

5 Likes

So very sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Praying for you. I have a 2 year old so really feeling for you brother. Wife’s a flight nurse and sister in law is a pediatric nurse. Amazing what they can do!

Just spoke to the wife, they have reduced the oxygen and finally the airflow but she is still breathing harder than she should be to get the oxygen she is getting. Progressing well and i will be heading up there in an hour to be with them.

@StormGuyNovi i am so very sorry to hear about your loss. If anything these moments have taught me that we need community at times like these. I have lost my grandparents and some cousins in the last few years but nothing has rocked me like seeing my child going through this.

6 Likes

That’s a very good sign! This place is more than a community. We look out for our own. I am not someone who shares what’s going on with my personal life, but when I think something I’ve had could help someone else, I share it.

Thank you for the kind words. It’s still very hard for me, especially with bowling and football season just getting started. That was my Dad and I’s world. My son had really joined that world in the past few years. I love being able to share Lions football with my son, and even though he was born in KC, he is a diehard Lions fan. When we were at the game last week, I had Chiefs fans asking if we were natives. I told them I was originally from Detroit, and my son said he was born in KC. They asked why he wasn’t a Chiefs fan, and I said “I raised him right.” :slightly_smiling_face:

It still feels like a big part of my world is broken, and it’s hard, but while one part of my world may be gone, I have a new world to build and share with my son. That’s how legacies work.

5 Likes