PFF Mock Draft has been won. Game Over

I cannot describe how big of a draftgasm Lions Fans as a group would have were this to come to pass

10 Likes

Just thinking about a D-line with Carter, Van Ness, Hutch, Alim, Houston, Paschal, Cominsky and Harris…I’m like Jim Shorts watching best highlights.

Animated GIF

7 Likes

Carter is a no brainer. I would have taken Branch or one of the CBs at 18, presumably at least one was available. Forbes is a good consolation prize at 48. Also lack of OG isn’t ideal.

2 Likes

Yea, that is a great draft.

Jack Campbell looks 40 years old in that thumbnail pic

2 Likes

I’m like Carter, Van Ness and Campbell.

If somehow you landed Witherspoon or Branch too that would be the ultimate draft dream.

3 Likes

Should have kept going so you could make a clean sweep of the IOWA guys. LaPorta, Moss and Merriweather.

Spoon Branch and Gonzalez were off the board at 18. Porter Ringo and one other CB went 19-47
Bijan was there at 18, but I have taken him there almost every mock…

Braggard

1 Like

I had one with Carter, Witherspoon, and then Van Ness in the second round. Didn’t screenshot it. Couldn’t repeat. :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Starting to like the idea of drafting Jack Campbell.

4 Likes

You can still pick up a good guard in the 4th or 5th.

This one, not perfect but not bad either…2023 NFL mock draft: 3-round projections after Senior Bowl week

3 Likes

Yeah that draft is solid, all good players hit on needs

I still need someone to break down Ness and tell me why he was a back up and deserves to be a first round pick…

1 Like

The Jalen Carter boner combined with the LVN hate in here is odd to me….

Lukas Van Ness was redshirted as a true freshman, and as a freshman he managed 8.5 TFL and 7 sacks in 450 snaps. Then this year as a “redshirt sophomore” he had another 10.5 TFL and 6 sacks….460 snaps.

Iowa was a top 5 defense, and averaged more sacks per game than U of M or Georgia…Joe Evans and Deonte Craig also had 6.5-7 sacks respectively as DEs in their Sr and Jr years….

LVN had almost identical college stats to Chase young through two years, and better than Hutch through 24 games…

• I’m no inducting him into the hall of fame, but he’s played for 2 years on a great D… he doesn’t have more starts and snaps because he’s still an underclassmen.

• if he measures and runs as I expect- you have a 6’5” 275 kid they call Hercules whose highlight reel looks a lot like watching JJ Watt wearing an Iowa uniform.

4 Likes

I was going to say 52, but you basically took the words right out of my mouth! ITs good though, we could get a rookie that provides veteran leadership.

Just got this gem…

4 Likes

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

Good Lord our D-line would be nasty and if Campbell is as good as I think he will be our front 7 would be one of the best in the league.