Pistons have best odds for Wembanyama

The problem with wishing for Victor is there is also an 86% chance we end up 2-5 as well. He’s a generational talent they say, hope is a good thing but odds are odds. That said, May the odds be ever in your favor.

I’m not sure who we replace him with, but they need a new coach that teaches defense. I know the NBA isn’t a defensive league anymore and offense sells tickets, but this team is one of the worst defensively by a big margin.

1 Like

there is a 100% chance the Pistons won’t win the lottery.

1 Like

We just won the lottery two years ago. Cleveland won it two years in a row.

and when there is a “generational” prospect…
not raised in Cleveland’s backyard….

neither Detroit or Cleveland are gonna win the “lottery”.

I don’t don my tin foil hat often….but when it comes to NBA lottery selections and big time prospects… I do!!!

2 Likes

I’d rather have Scoot.
We still need a true longish three and D.
With Scoot, you can trade either Ivey or Cunningham (throw in Bogey or Burks) to get him.

This team now does not know how to play defense.
Of course, the NBA is allergic to defense, so its no surprise.

I would argue that the last sure fire generational player in the last 20 years who was drafted 1OA was LeBron. Some thought Zion might be that (but he’s too fat and as a consequence is injury prone) and he went to New Orleans…not exactly a huge market or a city known for basketball.

yeah I think the Patrick Ewing days of fixed lotteries are over.

Zion went there because the NBA knew Anthony Davis was leaving. Ja went to Memphis because Mike Conley was leaving. They wanted to have stars in these smaller markets they insist on being in.

Look if you want to say that the Ewing ping pong ball was rigged I’ll go along with it…with the caveat that it might just have been legit, but extremely unfortunate timing with it being the first lottery. But you are going off the rails here with the NBA making sure small market teams have stars. That stuff works itself out eventually through poor records and the draft. Just look at Cleveland and Philly. No manipulation needed.

1 Like

Cleveland got sympathy picks for losing LeBron. Philly got 1st picks so hopefully they would stop tanking, because the league hated how they were intentionally throwing seasons. And they only actually won one lottery, because the Fultz pick came from a trade with Boston.

Man this is so spot on….Duane Casey fits better with a veteran team. As young as the Pistons are they need a coach like Ume

It was the frozen envelope, no ping pong balls. That changed after that year…wonder why.

Ping pong balls was not necessarily a literal meaning but rather a euphemism for the supposed random drawing. So the frozen envelope has been proven or is it just another in a long line of failed conspiracies?

Btw how did that generational talent Patrick Ewing work out? Certainly, after rigging the draft the league would understand that a world champion in New York would pay even more dividends. Right?

1 Like

I heard that New Orleans got Zion because the league felt bad that the owner’s aunt Pearl died a horrific death. Cleveland got Lebron once the league learned there was a 2’ pothole in downtown Cleveland that the city refused to repair. Creating nonsensical conspiracy theories is fun.

1 Like

Because Mark Jackson was massively overrated, Gerald Wilkins was a pale copy of his bro, Anthony Mason was a pale copy of Mahorn, as was Oakley, and most of all, Ewing was not a dominating force that made his team better. Lots of turnarounds/fades, kind of a plodder (knees), whose best talent was a pretty sweet midrange jumper.

Never really got a shooting guard next to him. They took Kenny Walker instead of Ron Harper the next year. Just kept taking small PGs…Jackson, Strickland(who was pretty damn good) Greg Anthony, Hubert Davis, Charlie Ward…baffling. PG sized SGs in the massively overrated John Starks, Johnny Newman, Trent Tucker Ffs… Then signed Allan Houston, the most 1 dimensional guy available for stupid money

Lots of NY hype, no real substance on those teams, because in reality, their GM was absolutley shit drafting/trades/FA.

1 Like

Hard for me to watch china nba not the NBA loved years ago

1 Like

They haven’t fired Casey so that tells you how much they actually give a shit.

Why fire Casey of they are tanking?

1 Like

Why would they when they knew he’d give them the best chance to get VW?!?

2 Likes

Holy ■■■■ → to remember all of that → Geez-Luh-Weeze!

All on point. I recollect it after you bring it up too. Those guys were trying to model after the Pistons, I always felt. They were physically & mentally tough, but not enough talent.

Also–> I feel like Dennis Rodman was one of the most underrated players of all time. SOOOO good at what he was good at. Never been a defensive player like him… on or off the ball.

1 Like