Players who you view as Undervalued in this draft

Same. I’m watching it too. Willis has a cannon as well, but definitely has some accuracy issues. Definitely can throw it a mile though.

Gonna have to check out EJ perry as well

I like two never looked at the RB I do like Cross an Bonitto i would have him at LB an rush sometimes but like a Sam LB

Watch for Logan Hall time if he is quick i like him pick 32 if we pass on a rusher at 2

Ridder will be the best qb in this class.

Interesting that George Pickens ran a 4.47. I think he just made some money.

I have another name to add: Malcolm Rodriguez, LB, Oklahoma State. I know I’m biased towards an OSU, but that’s why I rarely hype any of them. This guy’s worth it.

And that’s in the pass happy big 12. He was the captain and leader of the defense, played 3000 career snaps (!), and just take a look at his testing:

He’s on the small side clearly but if you think that hurts him getting off blocks, you’re wrong. He’s one of the best in the class, mostly due to his background as a state championship wrestler.

On top of that, coaches and FOs are gonna love him. Captain, leader, no-nonsense guy. I was hopeful we might be able to get him as a late-round steal based on where he was ranked in all the mock draft simulators, but it’s hard not to see him rising dramatically after that combine performance.

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve watched some him play. Again he’s just part of a really deep off ball Linebacker class. He’s right there with Darian Butler IMO. I would really like us to get 2 off ball LBs in this class. Ideally one early and maybe another in the 5th providing they’re hasn’t been a big run of course. Hate to say it, but not having that 4th really sucks now.

26 days ago I put up my mock, these are the players from the 5th round on. After I put it up every single one of them got invited to the combine.

Jelani Woods…just got asked to the combine, if he’s gone I like Austin Allen.

• Most bench press reps for a TE (24 reps)
  • 2nd fastest 40 Yard Dash among TEs (4.61), the fastest by a TE taller than 6’7" since 2003
    Pierre Strong
    “Strong lived up to his name in Indianapolis, posting the best 40-time among RBs and adding excellent explosion numbers in the Broad Jump (10’4″) and Vertical Jump (36″).”
    Isaiah Weston
    Ran a 4.41 40, 20 reps, 4" vertical and 11’3" broad jump, averaged over 24 ypc career. From 2021
    |Player|PFF receiving grade|
    |—|—|
    |Ja’Marr Chase|99.0|
    |DeVonta Smith|97.9|
    |Isaiah Weston|97.0|
    Cole Kelley not much news from the combine but what there was was positive. Pocket passer, 6’6" and can run when he needs to, looking for a backup and grab another in FA, ours suck.

I think Verone McKinley (if he is indeed a mid to late day 3 guy) is underrated

1 Like

6 int’s and 6 PD’s, he got some talk early on and since then…nothing. 44 solo tackles? I dunno.

I don’t think he’s a great athlete and he’s not very physical but he’s one of those guys that’s just always around the ball. Supposed to be a really good kid and a leader as well.

what about Jordan Davis. I see him going in the 20’s and wonder why he’s not in the top 10. Man we need some beef on the DL. Disclaimer: I have not watched much tape on him, I’m just asking some of our experts to weigh in.

Bc for all that athleticism he’s not really all that good of a pass rusher. 30 years ago he probably goes very, very high but it’s a passing league now.

2 Likes

This exactly, with the caveat that maybe at a lower weight he improves as a pass-rusher, but you’d only be guessing as much when you took him. It’s not like he has a chance to put up more tape now that he’s lost the weight.

1 Like

I’m going to throw out one more name on a player that I’me very familiar with: Bo Melton. I’ve watched most Rutgers games. I was thinking Bo would be a third rounder. He’s 5’11. But he fits the deep threat profile that we’re looking for. He gets ALOT of separation…easily and effortlessly. H’es a good vertical threat, too bad Rutgers QB’s couldn’t reach him, LOL. He had a few drops at the senior bowl, and I think that’s pushing him down to round 5/6. He also has not had great stats - without looking I’m guessing he’s had 600-700 yards the past couple of years and maybe 5-6TD’s. But there is a good reason for that - Rutgers QB’s have been HORRIBLE passers.
Can Bo be our starter at X next year - no. But he has a chance to develop into that. I also see a little Deebo Samuel in him - he could be used in the running game he is very good in space. I think if he’s there in round 4 he’ll out perform his draft position.

Problem for him is that he is already considered a bit of a statue in the pocket… so any loss of mobility is a big problem.

If Lions take a dart throw in 5th or later… sure.
Otherwise… I can’t be thrilled about it.

Melton’s a real intriguing guy for sure. I saw him breaking ankles at the Senior Bowl and was like, who’s this? Had to look into him and yeah, he’s very impressive. Then he went and blew up the combine and I think you’re right, he’s got starter potential at outside receiver. Definitely a guy I’m keeping my eye on.

1 Like

Agree

Prescient. Good call.

Logan Lamorandier
@LLamorandier

· 16h

#Lions LB Malcolm Rodriguez only allowed 4.9 yards per reception in coverage for the regular 2021 season – 2nd best for the LBs drafted this year (behind Dean). His run stop percentage of 13.8% was also the 2nd highest (behind Chenal) #OnePride![]

(https://abs.twimg.com/hashflags/DETLions2022SeasonEmoji/DETLions2022SeasonEmoji.png)

2 Likes

He is on the Dolphins PS now… available if added to the 53-man roster.