Playoff Predictor Thread

This year is nuts. Maybe just because we’re in it…

Saints at Rams next week has HUGE implications on the playoff picture.

This is in the clinching or seeding posts thread….

I actually want the hawks to win. So we still have a shot at the 2nd seed….

We are built to win at the vikes

2 Likes

Redid it and resulted in no changes.

You must not of picked a winner for eagles and seahawks as they both only have 16 games in your image

200-872471554

that would be cruel.

I have played with it too and it seems most likely the Lions will get the #3 seed.

Question is once we’ve clinched will they sit players vs MIN?

I think we clinch and then beat MIN to lock up the division and then likely sit players out losing to Dal and MIN as a result.

Heading into the playoffs to host the Rams. Which seems the most likely.

If Sea gets the loss and we win out we could still get the #2 seed with a 49ers loss.

Yeah, there’s no guarantee SF doesn’t drop 2. I think they beat LA, but they could—and I think Baltimore beats them and exposes Purdy (this will probably age poorly, but for some reason, I refuse to believe in him).

1 Like

Another scenario I’m getting now is:
No. 7 Saints at No. 2 Lions

I’d be OK with this. In fact, I much prefer it over facing either the Packers or Rams, frankly. This would require that NO beats LA on Thursday, and that we beat the Cowboys in Dallas, and that LA beats SF in the final week, with other games shaking out as expected.

2 Likes

homer simpson GIF

Wouldn’t it be ironic if we sat a bunch of our starters in week 18 and then the Vikings win knocking the Seahawks out of the playoffs.

Last year we beat the Packers to get the Seahags into the playoffs and this year we hand a victory to Minnesota to keep the Seahags out of the playoffs.

Not sure of the scenarios support this, just thought it would be interesting if that last week comes down to the Vikings and Seahawks fighting for that last playoff spot.

1 Like

I’m thinking more about this.

At first, it was, “Dan isn’t that guy.”

But he absolutely should be with players like Ragnow, Monty, ARSB, Hutch, Houston, and maybe even Goff. And, hell, maybe Teddy deserves a final game since he might not see the field in the post-season.

If we sit Ragnow, our odds of winning drop anyway, along with good protection for Goff.

1 Like

That doesn’t seem like its in Dan’s DNA. I think we’re pedal to the metal looking for the one or two seed. There are scenarios where we clinch the two seed before week 18. If that happens, he may rest players that week, because you’re already assured of two home playoff games (if you win the first).

We lose conference tiebreakers to SF. We need a better record than them which means they need to lose twice.
But, in many but not all scenarios, if we finish with the same record as Philadelphia, we win the tiebreaker based on strength of victory, which makes the two seed realistic. It all depends on the remaining games for the teams they beat vs. the teams we beat.

Could also be the case where we’re rooting for the Rams once again in the final game. Because if things shake out in a reasonable manner, Matty beating San Francisco could put is in the No. 1 spot.

1 Like

When we clinch the division this next weekend :crazy_face:, we will play our starters imho if we have a shot for the #2 seed.

If that not possible, I see him playing some starters for a few drive to avoid rust… and the going with teddy and or Blough for tape next year… basically like preseason; post season games

1 Like

Jalen Carter couldn’t do game 17. Same issue as his Pro Day.

2 Likes

I see Minnesota going 1-1, LA going 1-1. For me the only game in question is the Detroit at Minnesota game and LA at SF. If the Lions beat Minnesota next week I think there’s a real solid chance we face LA in the first round UNLESS we rest our starters in the last game (with potentially no seeding to play for) and Minnesota beats us. I think it comes down to week 17. Lions face Minnesota, LA faces SF. If Philly keeps winning SF will play their starters week 17 in order to win the 1st seed. If Seattle beats Philly tonight, all bets are off. SF probably won’t need to win week 17 and if LA beats them, they own the tiebreaker over Seattle for the #6.

I just spent 15 minutes writing this when I could have said that this Monday night game is really important on who the Lions face.

1 Like