Playoff Predictor Thread

Minnesota has a losing record at home.
We have a winning record on the road.
If the team plays anywhere near the way they did Saturday, it’s another blow out.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t. I would try for a higher seed. The higher the seed the easier the 1st round game is.

1 Like

Problem is that the Lions are just about locked into the 3 seed given schedules:

Detroit: Minny, Dallas, Minny.

Philly: Seattle, Giants, Arizona, Giants

SF: Baltimore, Washington, LA

Even if the Lions win out they need Philly to lose twice and SF to lose twice because both teams own the tiebreaker against us. On the other hand if we rest up players in the last game and lose, we could very easily face Minnesota in the first round and not LA. I don’t know about you, but I’m not crazy about facing LA in the first round.

No, they only need Philly to lose 1x. In fact, SF could win out, and if Philly loses tonight, Lions have control over No. 2 seed if they win out.

3 Likes

I think folks are saying, if everything is locked in, to include playoff spot, the Division, and playoff seeding, should or will Dan sit some of the players for that last game.

Of course if there is still seeding in play we have to go all out and play every starter that’s available.

But based on Dan’s comments in his media session, it doesn’t sound like he’s too keen on sitting any starters regardless of the situation.

I think I am pulling for Philly tonight not because I don’t think we are going to clinch a playoff breath it is because the Seahawks have are number and I don’t want them in the playoffs.

I also don’t think we beat Dallas and will be the 3rd seed anyway. I think if the cowboys win yesterday and next week we could have caught them slipping: yet they are a machine at home.

If we end up with the third seed, it’s far more likely we play the Rams or Packers, and I also don’t want to play either of those teams. Packers with house money (and the officials), Rams with Stafford. No thanks. I’ll take my chances with Geno.

1 Like

If Geno plays.

2 Likes

Vikings are in the 6th seed at the moment.

Yeah I don’t want to play the Rams either. So that Thursday night game is huge we need the saints to win!

1 Like

You are right. That’s weird because when I did the predictor, they showed Philly with the tiebreaker ahead of us.

Now I’m conflicted. I’d love to see us get the #2 seed, but don’t think we win in Dallas and if Philly keeps winning they put pressure on SF to keep winning—including LA the last game of the season. LA is the last team I want to face in the first round of the playoffs.

But thats not the case…. Play out the scenarios.

The higher seed will likely play either Dal or PHI in round one.

While the #3 Seed gets GB, Min or the Rams most likely.

I think he’s already doing it. Branch’s snap counts are down and we’ve been rotating in other young players the last few weeks.

Dan is smart enough to weigh the scenarios and rest his players.

The five seed will be either Dallas or Philly. In round 1, they will play the four seed - who is the NFL South winner. And probably beat them.

Or maybe you’re thinking higher as higher in number. (i.e. 4 is higher than 1?). I think 1 is a higher seed than 4.

From the ol espn playoff predictor,
If we win out, and SF loses to the Ravens and Rams we will get the number 1 seed. If that’s the hope for the perfect way to end the season I’m all for it.

3 Likes

Everything changed when SEA won. Which was unexpected.

The Lions best option is likely to win out now. But it is most likely we will be hosting SEA now.

1 Like

Our odds for the two seed went from <5% to 24% after week 15!
We have a 4% chance at the one seed!
Still, the most likely outcome is the three seed. (64%)
Our most likley first round opponents, in order are:
Minnesota, Seattle, LA, and GreenBay!

1 Like

He even got Pittman some snaps. I can understand working JRM in, he’s earned it, but if you’re bringing in Pittman, you’re working another angle.

Exactly, I think he’s been resting those that are banged up.

I noticed Branch favoring an arm and then we reduce his snap count two games in a row. I think he’s just taking the guys who are banged up, bruised and what not and giving them fewer snaps.

Some of our backups have earned more snaps. Players like Iffy, Dorsey, Vildor, Buggs, and even our backup kicker in Badgley got snaps.

So, why not give some starters a rest to keep them fresh for the playoffs and evaluate the backups.

I think once we clinch the #3 spot he may just decide to do so on a larger scale than he already has.

But my main point is that he’s already doing it.

1 Like

IMG_3404

If NO wins Thursday, and we beat Dallas, and other games shake out as expected.

1 Like

I would love that.

Who would we play at home in round 2?